why not b.c.a. intermidiate singles in vegas in may?

jimmy-leggs

A GREAT DAY
Silver Member
Ive always wondered why b.c.a. doesnt have a intermidiate singles tourny in vegas.they have intermidiate TEAMS ,which i go to ,but not singles.
i would like to go the singles in may(open)but dont want to go and get destroyed by masters players ,being its a open singles tourny.i am a "A"at best and dont think its fair.
Im sure that alot of players feel the same.i am sure the b.c.a would get alot more interest from intermidiate players knowing that your not playing going down to play in a shark tank.
What do you guys think?
 
an "A" or "B"+ player around local tournies and leagues could do well against some so called master players.
But come on ,we are talking about vegas b.c.a........the biggest sandbagging tournament of the year.lol
Last year we played a team from palm springs,lost 13-1,they had 9 break and runouts.THATS A INTERMIDIATE TEAM .LOL
 
jimmy-leggs said:
an "A" or "B"+ player around local tournies and leagues could do well against some so called master players.
But come on ,we are talking about vegas b.c.a........the biggest sandbagging tournament of the year.lol
Last year we played a team from palm springs,lost 13-1,they had 9 break and runouts.THATS A INTERMIDIATE TEAM .LOL

I can think of a bigger national sandbagging tournament, lol. :rolleyes:
 
jimmy-leggs said:
an "A" or "B"+ player around local tournies and leagues could do well against some so called master players.
But come on ,we are talking about vegas b.c.a........the biggest sandbagging tournament of the year.lol
Last year we played a team from palm springs,lost 13-1,they had 9 break and runouts.THATS A INTERMIDIATE TEAM .LOL

I don't know what an "A" player is in your area, but based on my experience at a national level BCA tournament, if you are an "A" player (for a short definition, very strong in all facets of the game), you should not be worried about not being able to compete well at the National in Vegas.

For a more detailed description of an "A" player as well as other ratings, check out Cheemagun's post on the following thread:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=48060&highlight=shortstop

Yes, you're going to have some players at the Nationals who play at open speed, but hey, if it was easy it wouldn't be as worthwhile, would it?

Jump in and good luck!
VIProfessor
 
jimmy-leggs said:
which one? please tell,im curious.
??? Considering that the BCA tournament is not handicapped, and shares their Masters List with the VNEA, I can't even begin to think how you can consider it the "biggest sandbagging tournament."

Fred
 
jimmy-leggs said:
which one? please tell,im curious.

Well, I didn't want to have to name names, but I did play APA one year as a 7 and a 5 at Nationals broke and ran 4 racks against me! I managed to eke out the win, but that to me doesn't sound like a 5!

I saw sandbagging everywhere in our league but at Nationals, they all came out to play! I realize there is a penalty for going up in ranking too much in one tournament, but some of these players have found the fine line which keeps them under the radar.

I think the APA is a great organization for beginners, but more serious players are going to prefer BCA, where you can put together a team that can stay together and play solid, not always worrying about who(m) to sacrifice. And everyone tries to play hard all the time.

The one exception I have is that in BCA 8 ball, during team play, it is all about the ball count. If you have a higher ball count overall, then that may make the difference in your team winning or losing for that week. So, many players pick off the easy shots, instead of learning the game the right way, to save those ducks for breakouts and position play.
 
jimmy-leggs said:
Ive always wondered why b.c.a. doesnt have a intermidiate singles tourny in vegas.they have intermidiate TEAMS ,which i go to ,but not singles.
i would like to go the singles in may(open)but dont want to go and get destroyed by masters players ,being its a open singles tourny.i am a "A"at best and dont think its fair.
Im sure that alot of players feel the same.i am sure the b.c.a would get alot more interest from intermidiate players knowing that your not playing going down to play in a shark tank.
What do you guys think?

The team events have Trophy, Open, Masters. Which one do you believe is intermediate?

The singles has Open, Masters, and Grand Masters. Where would an Intermediate fall if you were to add one?



A-players get into the Masters. Sometimes a fortunate high B player will get in there. You can't have Masters team members on the Trophy Team. I believe you can have one Masters on an Open team.

On any Trophy team, I'll generalize by saying that there isn't a player above a B speed on that team, or shouldn't be.

On an Open Team, you can't have more than one A player, or shouldn't.

Does anyone else want to contradict or confirm these?

Fred
 
Perhaps I'm confused...

I feel like the BCA Open singles tournament in Vegas is for intermediate players. You've got your Trophy division for your C and D players and your masters for A and AA players. Grandmasters is for AA/short stops, pros and anyone just feeling froggy.

So judging by this, and how you describe your playing ability, I would feel you should do "very" well in the Open and would be very competitive in the masters.
 
rackmsuckr said:
I think the APA is a great organization for beginners, but more serious players are going to prefer BCA, where you can put together a team that can stay together and play solid, not always worrying about who(m) to sacrifice. And everyone tries to play hard all the time.

The one exception I have is that in BCA 8 ball, during team play, it is all about the ball count. If you have a higher ball count overall, then that may make the difference in your team winning or losing for that week. So, many players pick off the easy shots, instead of learning the game the right way, to save those ducks for breakouts and position play.
I think people should analyze all the opportunities available and determine what's best for your own particular situation.

If you look at what the APA has to offer, and see an opportunity there for you, then take advantage of it. There are definitely opportunities for strong players as well as many opportunities for weaker ones as well.

Likewise if you look at BCA and see an opportunity for you there, then do that. There are opportunities for strong and weaker players there as well.

If you look at both organizations and see different opportunities available for you that are worth pursuing, then do both, if you choose.

If you see other organizations that work for you, now you're fortunate enough to have choices as to what fits your situation best.

This is what promotes pool as a whole.

When we say I like option 1, therefore options 2-5 must suck and then act to tear down and attack those options. Then that attitude damages the pool community.
 
I enjoyed getting my ass beat this year it made me practice harder. I think it is just fine the way it is. I am going to play in the open and probably play in the Grand Masters tournament for fun haha!

Eric.A.
 
I rack balls said:
I enjoyed getting my ass beat this year it made me practice harder. I think it is just fine the way it is. I am going to play in the open and probably play in the Grand Masters tournament for fun haha!

Eric.A.
I like your attitude.lol.sounds good,me and you eric,take down the grand masters then go to the pros,walk up out of the stands to an allison fisher and karen corr match,put a coin on the table and say im next .lol
 
Back
Top