willie hoppe tribute from curtis robertson

unclewolf82

Registered
This is my custom hoppe tribute from curtis robertson.it weighs out at 20.5 oz. Standard 57" length and has the wide hoppe butt. It has a predator z2 shaft and a robertson shaft.
20130327_060607.jpg
20130327_060555.jpg
 
That's an interesting approach, the old school proportions with a figured forearm, different veneers, subtle metal rings, and a white joint.

Overall I think it still is obviously a Hoppe Pro tribute while certainly taking artistic license.

I like it.

I don't know that I would have gone with the fat profile and I think it's a bit of a bold maneuver. It certainly does not make it a non-player but I don't know how much I would like playing with it seriously. It would definitely be nostalgic and entertaining to play with though. I have very small hands, size 6 1/2 surgical gloves if that means anything to you, so a fat cue feels even fatter to me than it does to the average guy.

Very cool cue.

I can picture this in one of JBs Hustler cases. :wink:

Thanks for showing off! :thumbup:



.
 
honestly im a small person 5'6" 140lbs. xs mechanic gloves. the big butt does feel different but the ballance on this cue is perfect and don't even feel like 20.5 oz. we tried to go as period correct with this cue as posible. ivory joint instead of brass. i had to do a Z2 shaft w/o lable and ring work to match.


Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android
 
Back
Top