Wood supplier?

PracticeChampion

I'm fairly new at all this but anyone interested in pm me a wood supplier? I went to place an order with my normal supplier for some bird's eye and curly maple and they are out and have been for awhile now

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I'm fairly new at all this but anyone interested in pm me a wood supplier? I went to place an order with my normal supplier for some bird's eye and curly maple and they are out and have been for awhile now

If you are on Facebook (sorry for mentioning it) there are several cue maker groups where people sell decent wood. Some of the online places (Bell Forest) seem to be having supply issues.

GBCues

Damn, still .002 TIR!
Gold Member
Silver Member
From "Rules for posting in Ask the Cuemaker" that you all skipped over:
"Supply sources can be asked for, but all replies should be sent in the form of Private Messages. This protects our cuemakers supply sources from the general public. Almost no industry shares their wholesale sources with their customer base. So in fairness to our cuemakers we ask that this type of information be handled through Private Messages."

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
"Supply sources can be asked for, but all replies should be sent in the form of Private Messages. This protects our cuemakers supply sources from the general public. Almost no industry shares their wholesale sources with their customer base. So in fairness to our cuemakers we ask that this type of information be handled through Private Messages."

Sorry. I think that's a stupid rule for what it's worth and only helps mass producers of cues.

muskyed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Try suppliers in the Michigan's U.P. they are very big in hardwoods, especially maple. A lot of my woodturning friends used to buy from them.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Sorry. I think that's a stupid rule for what it's worth and only helps mass producers of cues.
Sorry, it's a great rule.
Sad to say, there are many many people who buy and waste woods in their shop ( by not using or repurposing outside of cue making ) and NEVER MAKE cues. All they do is waste free information and support.
I can tell you there have been dozens and dozens who have used this section the last 3 decades or so and have dropped out of the picture and NEVER MADE cues or name for themselves.
If I shared my maple source years ago, I'd have a lot less maple shafts now.
Be happy is someone messages you his source.
Mass producers? Nobody here is that

Last edited:

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Sad to say, there are many many people who buy and waste woods in their shop ( by not using or repurposing outside of cue making ) and NEVER MAKE cues. All they do is waste free information and support.
I can tell you there have been dozens and dozens who have used this section the last 3 decades or so and have dropped out of the picture and NEVER MADE cues or name for themselves.

Fair enough--but this information is everywhere. There are 5 pages of wood suppliers in the first few pages of Chris' book alone.

R2PQZ

I will delete if you would like

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it's a great rule. I think this Forum has long past hit the stage of
Put up or Shut up!
We need more rules!!!!

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Mike, but rules without enforcement are just words on a page. So we must self-enforce.
I come across a little harsh but, it gets really aggravating having debates with people
WHO JUST DON'T KNOW but debate EVERYTHING!
I remember where I started and who helped me. I kept my mouth shut for years and still to this day, I'm appreciative that they trusted me eneogh to help.
And after 30 years, I send them pictures of some of my major restorations and Cues I build just to show them, they didn't waste thier time.

Last edited: