World 9 Ball Championship 2017 (9-14 Dec) ,Doha- Winner $30K

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am not sure on this but I thought there were actually two wildcard picks for team Europe - Jayson and David..?

Marek you are right, Jayson was the first wildcard pick from Marcus. After his US Open win it was clear that he was picked. So the second pick was between David and Albin.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ko P-C by the skin of his teeth, 11-10.

Labutis got to the hill first 10-9, scratched on the break, and Ko ran out that game and the next.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has Klenti Kaci played yet? What about Filler? I can't figure out when their matches start or if they've already happened. The charts are confusing on the website.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Morra is playing now, does that mean Klenti is playing now too?

Attachments

• 25151891_1534368089973946_5081962921649659877_n.jpg
    25151891_1534368089973946_5081962921649659877_n.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 261

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is this winner breaks or alternate?

alt break.. i thought i saw earlier refs racking, but now its the players.

Morra up 5-2

He's practicing on the table while JL Chang is on break? Didn't know that was ok.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex Kazakis, Naoyuki Oi, Chinakov are eliminated

Morra had Chang Jung Lin on ropes 8-6
Morra lost safety battle in rack 15 and Chang now leads 9-8
Morra breaking

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
great bank shot from morra. that was the winning shot, and that rack was a bit difficult imo

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Seriously??? First of all, the field is a lot bigger than 128 players, because you forgot to include the qualifiers stage to reach the last 128 stage. Secondly, since when the biggest prize money define which tournament is the most important one? If that was the case, the Golden League in athletics should be considered way above of Olympics or the World Championships. The 9-ball World Championship was/is/always will be the biggest pool tournament. You don't enter just for the prize money, but mainly for the glory and becoming part of the game's HISTORY. And $30K may not be the biggest prize money but it's still a very tasty paycheck for today's shitty prize money pool has to offer.

It's not very good unless you are rich enough or have backers that will send you there. You'd have to come in top 4 to cover your expenses.

And the issue is that a decade ago they were putting up 100k or more to the winner.

If it's so big, why are people not showing up to stay and play on bar tables? At this point, for many pool players, they follow the money not the prestige. I think Shane has two second place finishes in the world championship, he does not seem to worried about going back to try to win it finally.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Showboat Prince, Joshua Filler is through to last 16
Thorsten knocks out Chang Yu Long in hill hill
Kaci eliminates MC cupper, Alcaide
Ignacio wins after being behind most of match
Wu Kun Lin KO Kiamco
Niels and Jeff De Luna on verge of going out
Albin trailing Korean Woo