World 9 Ball Championship 2017 (9-14 Dec) ,Doha- Winner $30K

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well done, Carlo Biado.
He wins the biggest tourneys of his career (W9B and World Games) all this year. :D

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
They bumped the prize money to $200,000 with 40K for first place and 20K for second. Puts it in line with other major events this year.
I like to see a pool player make a buck!

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
So what happened with Shaw?

I'd assume he played his normal run-and-gun, devil-may-care game, and this time, as opposed to the U.S. Open, he didn't get every roll.

(Did he even PLAY this event? lol..)

Short Bus Russ

jmhanson_21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was the percentage of players who lost money playing in this world championship? 90-95%?

Although, even if I was guaranteed to break even, there's no way I'd go . . . it would take a **** load of money to get me to agree to go to Qatar for a week, especially when I have the option of going to Vegas.

HelloBaby-

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What was the percentage of players who lost money playing in this world championship? 90-95%?

Although, even if I was guaranteed to break even, there's no way I'd go . . . it would take a **** load of money to get me to agree to go to Qatar for a week, especially when I have the option of going to Vegas.

Yep yep, talking about payout, 9th place at the US Bar Tables pays $200, that's a good deal :rolleyes:

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Efren had a lot to do with Carlo’s developement.....
....but he had other help as well...

1BD86952-EE46-4A3D-BD07-7EF4C87934F8.jpg

jmhanson_21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep yep, talking about payout, 9th place at the US Bar Tables pays $200, that's a good deal :rolleyes:

I guess you missed my point. I wouldn't go anywhere to lose money on business. But if I had to, it certainly wouldn't be Qatar. Now Vegas, I go there for fun anyway.