World cup of pool table 4.25

lee brett

www.leebrettpool.com
Silver Member
They have set the pockets at 4.25 i heard the commentators saying, with how slow this table is playing there is going to be a lot of mised shots this week.

The 1st match already there is more misses than normal, nerves are defo playing into it also.

Should be an interesting week of pool with no one guaranteed to get out. Great stream on espn3 crystal clear.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The center of the pocket is always the same size.

Only if you are shooting it straight on. Tight pockets make rail shots quite a bit tougher and also any angle off straight in. 4.25 is pretty good for pro players though. My home table was just setup and the guy did my pockets about that size, pretty tight.

Last edited:

ProZack

Zack's "On the Road" Cue Repair
Silver Member
This is Great!!!! I recently bought a Diamond Pro Am with 4.25 in pockets. When i watch some of the YouTube matches and the ball is hit bad I'm Like " NO WAY THAT GOES ON MY TABLE".

Now I can see Exactly the Difference.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
No way the pockets are that tight.

Just seen a photo posted on Facebook that showed two balls in the pocket. They looked 4.5 in. as two balls will fit in the opening. Probably set at standard 4.5 in Diamond Pockets.

https://www.facebook.com/onthehill2011

Last edited:

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
The video and commentary are outstanding. These are the kind of matches that you can show to a casual player and keep their interest: team play for your country, commentary that is focused on the game and great camera work.

Thank you ESPN!

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
The video and commentary are outstanding. These are the kind of matches that you can show to a casual player and keep their interest: team play for your country, commentary that is focused on the game and great camera work.

Thank you ESPN!

I agree. Jim Wyche is great. I enjoy when he is paired with Jay Helfert.:thumbup:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
No way the pockets are that tight.

Just seen a photo posted on Facebook that showed two balls in the pocket. They looked 4.5 in. as two balls will fit in the opening. Probably set at standard 4.5 in Diamond Pockets.

https://www.facebook.com/onthehill2011

I agree 100%. I watched the morning matches and the table is not playing particularly tight. Look like 4 1/2" to me and, with new cloth, the table should play a little looser than that.

Still, the equipment befits players of this caliber. Should be fun!

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thank you ESPN!
ESPN3 is simply broadcasting Sky Sports' coverage of the match.

BeachBum2012

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got it started up on my phone as its blocked at work. I must say, even on my phone, the video is fantastic. The commentary sounds quite good as well.