World junior championship

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
Congratulations to Ping Chung Ko. This years winner.

In this event he played a total of 61 racks, and 27 of those were break & run-out. Pretty good/impressive for an alternate break format!

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Ping Chung Ko. This years winner.

In this event he played a total of 61 racks, and 27 of those were break & run-out. Pretty good/impressive for an alternate break format!

I'm not surprised by his win. He is already a world class player. I think theres a youtube clip of a match where he beat Dennis Orcollo in the All Japan open last year. Although not as well known as his older brother, he certain does play a strong game!

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On a further note. Taiwan always produces world class players at a young age.. however, they seem to hit a plateau when border-lining the very top class. For example, Taiwan always has 10-15 players that I personally believe are capable of capturing tournaments, however, only a few actually stood out in the past 20 years. Chao Fong Pang, Wu Chia Ching, and Yang Ching Shun. Really, only Chao shined on the big stages consistently, while Wu Chia Ching's success came really only in the beginning of his career.

klockdoc

ughhhhhhhhhh
Silver Member
I'm not surprised by his win. He is already a world class player. I think theres a youtube clip of a match where he beat Dennis Orcollo in the All Japan open last year. Although not as well known as his older brother, he certain does play a strong game!

Yeah, his brother, Pin Yi won the same tournament in 2007 and 2008. Talent runs high in this family. I was with them in Vegas this year and went looking for a game. Didn't find any takers! :)

Also, Pin Yi won the Japanese Championship for the second time in November, this year.