World series of poker

wakuljr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone going. Seems pool players gravitate to poker. I played Nick Shulman(sp) in veges many years ago. Saw he won a big poker event awhile ago. Any other pool players going?

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Could have went if it was normal time(played a few of the online events) but back to work till either Nov or end of Dec

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How many entries do they get now?

This is the # of entries in the Main Event each year since 2011. The 8,569 was actually in 2019. There was no World Series in Vegas in 2020.

1630438039556.png

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's difficult to say since there are so many other tournaments at the WSOP before the Main Event starts.

Between the possibility of cases rising/players getting infected, that may or may not have an impact on the total entries.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's difficult to say since there are so many other tournaments at the WSOP before the Main Event starts.

Between the possibility of cases rising/players getting infected, that may or may not have an impact on the total entries.
So here's the scoop. To play in the WSOP this year you must show proof of vaccination when you enter the registration area. Get caught cheating and you lose your entry fee and any prize money you might have won. I understand they will verify every players "Proof" when they reach the money stages. Players will have to wear masks (the dealer too) while they play. Very strict rules this year for good reason. Because of this I may play in a few events in early October.

The non vaccinated players are very upset by all this and loudly objecting on social media, but as a private business (MGM Resorts) they can make any rules they want. Their attitude is that if you don't like it, don't play. Some are predicting smaller, but stronger fields and others say more people will come because of the strict regulations. I'm fully expecting fields in the thousands for the preliminary events and over 5,000 for the Main.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So here's the scoop. To play in the WSOP this year you must show proof of vaccination when you enter the registration area. Get caught cheating and you lose your entry fee and any prize money you might have won. I understand that will verify every players "Proof" when they reach the money stages. Players will have to wear masks (the dealer too) while they play. Very strict rules this year for good reason. Because of this I may play in a few events in early October.

Event 4 looks juicy. $5m gtd prize pool. Only $500 to get in.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Event 4 looks juicy. $5m gtd prize pool. Only $500 to get in.
There is one caveat on their tournament info sheet. They reserve the right to modify or cancel any event at their descretion. That way they can protect themselves if the field is too small to meet (or come close) to the guarantees.

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So here's the scoop. To play in the WSOP this year you must show proof of vaccination when you enter the registration area. Get caught cheating and you lose your entry fee and any prize money you might have won. I understand they will verify every players "Proof" when they reach the money stages. Players will have to wear masks (the dealer too) while they play. Very strict rules this year for good reason. Because of this I may play in a few events in early October.

The non vaccinated players are very upset by all this and loudly objecting on social media, but as a private business (MGM Resorts) they can make any rules they want. Their attitude is that if you don't like it, don't play. Some are predicting smaller, but stronger fields and others say more people will come because of the strict regulations. I'm fully expecting fields in the thousands for the preliminary events and over 5,000 for the Main.

They must have changed the masking policy, because I watched some of Daniel Negraneau´s vlogs and the players are mixed, some masked some not masked.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well it was pretty juicy. Over 12,000 entries.

View attachment 612010

Good chance the Main Event gets over 3,500

Maybe Jason will let you buy out for 0.50
I think your right.

I saw some video of the WSOP and it’s much busier than I expected.

I’m going have to work some sort of buyout on this most extraordinary of prop bets. I’m in way over my head. A finance plan at a minimum. I’m already listing my house today and doing a inventory of personal valuables to see the best route to liquidate all of them in a effort to settle this most unfortunate bet I made. And of course I will be attending 90 GA (gamblers anonymous) meetings over the next 90 days.

best
Fatboy<——on the road to recovery 💪💪

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I think your right.

I saw some video of the WSOP and it’s much busier than I expected.

I’m going have to work some sort of buyout on this most extraordinary of prop bets. I’m in way over my head. A finance plan at a minimum. I’m already listing my house today and doing a inventory of personal valuables to see the best route to liquidate all of them in a effort to settle this most unfortunate bet I made. And of course I will be attending 90 GA (gamblers anonymous) meetings over the next 90 days.

best
Fatboy<——on the road to recovery 💪💪
Just stall, Eric....inflation will ease the pain of the payoff.