would like to know

BuchananCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
please i would like to know if anyone esle is going to be sell a chris hightower dual chuck cue building lathe here in the next 6-8 weeks i would like to find a package deal maybe with the inlay attachment too or stand alone. If not it ok i do have old DPK pantagraph.

iam ready to step up the cues am building been told chris lathe is hands down the best bench top lathe before steping to floor metal lathe 14x40 but no room for that lol

i have a repair lathe i bought from todd almost 6 or 7 years ago love it and have build cues on it but then you have to put tip on and lathe is tied up ah and locking the moving headstock not to move is not easy.

so looking for basic deluxe where headstock is set in one spot and if it has the #2 tailstock bounes.

Thanks
Dale
Buchanan Custom Cues

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
Just a word of advice.....

Make sure you buy one with the lead screw type feed.........

Kim

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
Excellent advice. My rack gear is still giving me fits with the power feed. I STILL can't get it right !!!

Lee Casto

I started to have issues with the rack & pinion gear. I found it was the eccentric "tube" or bushing, it wasn't quite "true". Once I replaced it and installed the delrin gib ( the brass gib was worn out) it moves like butter once again. Now this was after 10 years of use so I cant complain.

Dirtbmw20

Lee Casto
Silver Member
I started to have issues with the rack & pinion gear. I found it was the eccentric "tube" or bushing, it wasn't quite "true". Once I replaced it and installed the delrin gib ( the brass gib was worn out) it moves like butter once again. Now this was after 10 years of use so I cant complain.

I bought a new eccentric but that's not my problem. I've also installed a deleting gib too. SOMEHOW.... my carriage is binding up on the bed and won't move "smoothly" but for the life of me I cant figure it out. The two tension screws on the back side are as loose as I can get them. They're actually TOO LOOSE as the carriage has too much slop/play in it and it STILL binds up. I'm JUST about ready to give up on the power feed for the rack and maybe look into changing it to a lead screw type.

I need someone with the knowledge and experience to actually LOOK at it for me but I have no one with the knowledge to help me so I guess I'll keep tearing shit up.

Lee Casto