would like to learn

gregthcarpenter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm interested in learning the the trade.
If there are any installers out there in the upstate South Carolina area (or within a reasonble drive) that would be interested in some free labor send me a pm and I"ll see what fits into my scedule.

Greg The Carpenter.
PS. I am a finish carpenter and cabinet maker with 18 years exp.

Last edited:

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
Get ready to pull out 200-1000 staples a table then youll love 1/4" staples and wont go back to 1/2" again except for leather pockets.

Like most say you dont pick the industry it picks you, I just helped out an old man and been doing it for the last 10+ yrs along with a regular job.

Craig

SlateHumper

Pokin' and Hopin'
Silver Member
bad timing

Shit time to get into the business. Arguably pool tables are "toys" not a necessity like roofs, plumbing or electricity. With the current state of the enonomy ,a bad housing market and lack of retail sales, its a bad time to get into the business unless you are just wanting something to do on the side. By the way.. there are only two qualifications to the job... A strong back and a weak mind:D

gregthcarpenter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wouldn't say that I want to "get into the busniess" I already have one. I am just interested in learning some new skills, and I am a little slow at the moment so I thought that labor in trade for knowledge could be beneficial.

OTLB

Banned
you can surely learn alot in here. But experience is the best teacher as you probably already know.

gregthcarpenter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No can do.

Thanks for the offer but I have a business and a famly here.

But if threre is anyone else in s.c.,n.c.,or ga. interested let me know?