Would love to buy a diamond pool ball cleaner

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to buy a diamond ball cleaner, as think they look good, do a great job. But for 500 dollars, i don’t know. Now, i just timed myself cleaning my balls with pool ball cleaner/polish, and it took me about 10 minutes. First wipe each ball with a nice amount of polish on a wet micro fiber towel, then with a dry micro fiber towel, clean and polish each ball. They come out very shiny. I do this once a week when i clean and wipe down the table. Table and ball come out great. Oh well, i will keep thinking about it.

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
One of the best purchases I've made so far is the dual platter machine.

I figure cleaning even for just 10 minutes, once a week, every week, would be 8 hours per year of cleaning.

I'll turn the dial and save the time lol.

They are very nice fwiw.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
there are many threads on "the best ball polisher"
for me for the past 10 years or so
the bludworth works great.... cleans all 16 balls not half of them and is cheaper in cost
jmho

Last edited:

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
I see Bulletproof sourced the production of their Bludworth knockoff to China.
China is already selling the clones for 1/3 less money haha.
Reviews are not great.
My Bludowrth still works well even though it's cobbled together with non-oem parts.
I had 2, but sold the complete polisher to a buddy when I was moving. Regret that a bit.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I see Bulletproof sourced the production of their Bludworth knockoff to China.
China is already selling the clones for 1/3 less money haha.
Reviews are not great.
My Bludowrth still works well even though it's cobbled together with non-oem parts.
I had 2, but sold the complete polisher to a buddy when I was moving. Regret that a bit.
wow
went to the website
they are $735 now
mine was under $500
and they are still built in the USA
time flies and inflation is cruel

Lawnboy77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to buy a diamond ball cleaner, as think they look good, do a great job. But for 500 dollars, i don’t know. Now, i just timed myself cleaning my balls with pool ball cleaner/polish, and it took me about 10 minutes. First wipe each ball with a nice amount of polish on a wet micro fiber towel, then with a dry micro fiber towel, clean and polish each ball. They come out very shiny. I do this once a week when i clean and wipe down the table. Table and ball come out great. Oh well, i will keep thinking about it.
I’m in the same boat as you, cleaning by hand once a week with the Tiger ball cleaner and a microfiber towel, but thinking I could be brewing my coffee as the balls are being cleaned on a daily basis. What a game changer that would be, playing with basically new balls everyday!

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As most of you know, I made my own to match the other Gold Crown stuff in my room. It functions exactly like a Diamond with the offset platter to spiral the balls.

52613418219_f27a4df540_h.jpg

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I worked at different pool halls that had bludworth machines. The inner guide tends to pop up.
I looked at ballstar at different pool halls. They work smoothly. I bought one. Took a long time. Everyone was out of stock. Finally got one from pooldawg. I am extremely happy with the performance. I use their cleaner. Does a really nice job. I would order extra cleaner at time of purchase.

Someone made a cleaner for me out of a bucket and a car polisher. With out a way to separate the balls I felt there was a lot of damage to the balls banging around.
The diamond looks good. I chose the ballstar because of the size. If you have the room I think you can’t go wrong with ballstar or diamond.
If you are going to the super billiards expo you may be able to get one and avoid shipping. Pool dawg did not charge me shipping.

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
Had a saved search at ebay for a Ballstar for nearly 2 years, and finally got one! $350 in like new condition. Best machine out there, in my opinion. The pad that goes on the platter is the only part that needs regular replacing and they're quite inexpensive.

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I worked at different pool halls that had bludworth machines. The inner guide tends to pop up.
I looked at ballstar at different pool halls. They work smoothly. I bought one. Took a long time. Everyone was out of stock. Finally got one from pooldawg. I am extremely happy with the performance. I use their cleaner. Does a really nice job. I would order extra cleaner at time of purchase.

Someone made a cleaner for me out of a bucket and a car polisher. With out a way to separate the balls I felt there was a lot of damage to the balls banging around.
The diamond looks good. I chose the ballstar because of the size. If you have the room I think you can’t go wrong with ballstar or diamond.
If you are going to the super billiards expo you may be able to get one and avoid shipping. Pool dawg did not charge me shipping.
Bucket Polisher with divider.
39789237263_a2a4e00107_h.jpg

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice looking machine. I guessing a fraction of the cost of ballstar or diamond.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Diamond ball washer is great for a pool hall.
I have one with dual platters.

At home I have a homemade washer using a 5 gallon bucket, strip of carpet and a royobi random orbital buffer....the thing is the nuts. Cleans the balls evert bit as clean as a Diamond or any other polisher.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW you can buy the replacement sprockets for a Diamond ball washer, construct a box and platform...and get to the same place for about 200

judochoke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well i went ahead and bought a ball washer today, after reading all of the comments. I bought a DR BILLIARDS BALL POLISHER on eBay, for 271.00. Reviews were good, you tube video was good, money back guarantee. He diamond was just too much money. Can’t wait to have clean balls every practice session. Thanks for all the comments. Judo