Would love to buy a diamond pool ball cleaner

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BTW you can buy the replacement sprockets for a Diamond ball washer, construct a box and platform...and get to the same place for about 200
I can tell you this is not the case from first hand experience. Even removing all the custom pieces from the polisher I made, you can see the materials to replicate a Diamond polisher are over $200 without even considering the wood to construct it. Add in the wood and you are approaching $400, if not over. Add in the custom bits I added like the stainless trim, laminate, feet and a few other details and you are in the $600 range in. I already had the wood so that wasn't a factor for me. You also have to factor in tool availability. Not everyone has access to the tools required to construct one.

IMO, if you are not interested in aesthetics and can fade the delivery time, you're better off buying a Diamond polisher vs. building your own. Despite the perceived high price tag, it's a good value.

Screen Shot 2023-03-30 at 6.53.03 AM.png

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can tell you this is not the case from first hand experience. Even removing all the custom pieces from the polisher I made, you can see the materials to replicate a Diamond polisher are over $200 without even considering the wood to construct it. Add in the wood and you are approaching $400, if not over. Add in the custom bits I added like the stainless trim, laminate, feet and a few other details and you are in the $600 range in. I already had the wood so that wasn't a factor for me. You also have to factor in tool availability. Not everyone has access to the tools required to construct one.

IMO, if you are not interested in aesthetics and can fade the delivery time, you're better off buying a Diamond polisher vs. building your own. Despite the perceived high price tag, it's a good value.

View attachment 694485
1200 for a light with fluorescent bulbs?
Robbery.

slach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

View attachment 694485
A new 6k778 motor is well over $200 nowadays, inflation's been crazy with Dayton (Grainger) motors.

I hate a dirty table and balls. I got a Diamond single platter for a Christmas gift, About the same time, I switched from master to taom v10 chalk. I love the Diamond ball cleaner, but I don’t know if it was necessary after switching chalk. Table and balls go two or thee times as long between cleanings.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I have my bucket polisher tweaked so the balls do change axis. I'll see if I can find the video I made.
Do the dalls touch each other when spinning? The centrifical force of a ball spinning on its own axis is not easily changed, especially if it's spinning at a high rpm rate.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the dalls touch each other when spinning? The centrifical force of a ball spinning on its own axis is not easily changed, especially if it's spinning at a high rpm rate.
RKC, as an expert on the Diamond ball polisher, just curious as to your thoughts as to the pads they have switched to, which in my opinion are too abrasive?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
RKC, as an expert on the Diamond ball polisher, just curious as to your thoughts as to the pads they have switched to, which in my opinion are too abrasive?
Replace it with high density foam rubber, it'll clean the balls real sweet, won't pack down, and can wipe out the wax build up with simple green. No need to ever replace it😉

Diamond should do the same when manufacturing them, and have the sprockets made out of the same material, which can be cut out by any high density foam rubber manufacturers. Then the sprockets never need servicing either.

sellingboe

View attachment 694485
Of course you're right, but yours would sure look good with my table...:)

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to buy a diamond ball cleaner, as think they look good, do a great job. But for 500 dollars, i don’t know. Now, i just timed myself cleaning my balls with pool ball cleaner/polish, and it took me about 10 minutes. First wipe each ball with a nice amount of polish on a wet micro fiber towel, then with a dry micro fiber towel, clean and polish each ball. They come out very shiny. I do this once a week when i clean and wipe down the table. Table and ball come out great. Oh well, i will keep thinking about it.
Don't have time to read all the comments.

If you want one, buy it.
I only need to clean 3 balls and bought a single platter machine. No regrets.
Before this I used a very nice Korean 4Ball polisher. It worked OK but as many likely stated the balls generally ran on 1 axis. That of course only required you to make sure the balls turned over. That requires you to stand there and watch and do...

The biggest benefit is dropping the balls in and walking away. I've never seen an area missed.

When I bring my set to the local room, the players take notice, even though my room has a Diamond double platter machine.

Why the difference. Their cleaner vs mine? The condition of their liner vs mine? I don't know.

My set is clean, bright and shiny. Their set is clean but dull?

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Replace it with high density foam rubber, it'll clean the balls real sweet, won't pack down, and can wipe out the wax build up with simple green. No need to ever replace it😉

Diamond should do the same when manufacturing them, and have the sprockets made out of the same material, which can be cut out by any high density foam rubber manufacturers. Then the sprockets never need servicing either.
So you're saying HD Foam Ring/Holder and the side wall?

Where do you get what you're talking about and is this something that's machinable for the floating holder?

Like the concept but the How To is an issue.