Would you pay $50 for the whole duration of the WTBC?

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well if you would, you're in luck! They also advertised that it will be 10 competition tables covered
in real time and the $50 will cover the tournament from start to end, from Sept. 29 - Oct. 5. I think
they're also offering daily sessions for $10.

Good deal huh?

You can also relive the games of the 2006 World Pool Championship for free, just sign up and you'll
be hooked up with hours upon hours of free pool video!

http://www.rayasports.com/index.html

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
gopi-1 said:
Well if you would, you're in luck! They also advertised that it will be 10 competition tables covered
in real time and the $50 will cover the tournament from start to end, from Sept. 29 - Oct. 5. I think
they're also offering daily sessions for $10.

Good deal huh?

You can also relive the games of the 2006 World Pool Championship for free, just sign up and you'll
be hooked up with hours upon hours of free pool video!

http://www.rayasports.com/index.html

Thanks gopi-1. I'll get the last 2 days at least. Johnnyt

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
Thanks gopi-1. I'll get the last 2 days at least. Johnnyt

I was planning the same thing too Johnny, until I read somewhere in the front page that ESPNStar
Asia and a Philippine based channel, ABS-CBN are both covering the event. ABS-CBN also offers
TFC (The Filipino Channel) here in the US, and I'm a subscriber.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
gopi-1 said:
I was planning the same thing too Johnny, until I read somewhere in the front page that ESPNStar
Asia and a Philippine based channel, ABS-CBN are both covering the event. ABS-CBN also offers

Wow, I wish Time Warner offered that here in the states...I'd jump on it. Johnnyt

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
Wow, I wish Time Warner offered that here in the states...I'd jump on it. Johnnyt

I am a Time-Warner subscriber, check out channel 690, but you don't have to go that far, Sopcast, TVU and Justin.TV are some of the free options too!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
gopi-1 said:
I am a Time-Warner subscriber, check out channel 690, but you don't have to go that far, Sopcast, TVU and Justin.TV are some of the free options too!

Channel 690 on my TV? Johnnyt

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
gopi-1 said:

ABS-CBN has 2 local channels and I'm pretty sure this will be on the alternative channel called Studio23. Plus TFC doesn't go live, it plays what it thinks will get viewership besides the normal top hits.

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
BlowFish said:
ABS-CBN has 2 local channels and I'm pretty sure this will be on the alternative channel called Studio23. Plus TFC doesn't go live, it plays what it thinks will get viewership besides the normal top hits.

Well that's even better! I can pay or watch it for free, and catch what I've missed later!

Last edited:

Scaramouche

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are too broke to pay $50.00 but want to watch billiards, the Shanghai Open Snooker Tournament should be available from Eurosport - 6 hours daily - or Chinese tv web site starting Monday FREE

And, yes, I do know how American pool players will react to this suggestion:D :D :D

Last edited:

gopi-1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scaramouche said:
If you are too broke to pay $50.00 but want to watch billiards, the Shanghai Open Snooker Tournament should be available from Eurosport - 6 hours daily - or Chinese tv web site starting Monday FREE

And, yes, I do know how American pool players will react to this suggestion:D :D :D

For all those who can't afford to cough up $50, or even $10 just to watch the WTBC, there's always the ever reliable Sopcast!
1202.gif