Woulda shoulda coulda

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
.... installed new pocket facings.
Traded for a new (to me) 8' table and slowly trying to restore it to the best of my ability.

So I watched videos and read up on here (thanks guys) and started on the rails. Got them all covered with 860 and I gotta say I think they came out really good, especially for my 1st time.

While I was doing it though I kept noticing how some of the facings were cut different than others. Very few (if any) came out to the full profile of the cushion. I just thought maybe they were done the way they were for some reason that I didn't know.

It bugged me enough though that after I got done (I know!) I did a search on here on pocket facings and now I'm like Oh crap I really should have done that.

So my question is, can I unstaple the ends and redo the facings and then staple them back?

I've already trimmed the excess cloth off and I'm worried if I can pull and staple the cloth back to where it is now.

Player

I'm your huckleberry
Silver Member
Thanks Glen. Pretty much what I thought. Besides not having much of anything to pull with, I figure the new facings would take up an 1/8" or more of the cloth.

Guess I'll just have to go with it and hope it plays ok.

Live and learn lol.