WPBA San Diego Pics

greenkill

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rackin_Zack said:
Yeah, the monopod was a suggestion that I got there as well. I will probably pick one up before the Peoria event. I use a Nikon D70 dSLR so the delay isn't a problem for me. It wasn't until the third day of the tourney that I was talking to someone and they told me about adjusting the ISO settings to reduce the shutter speed in low light conditions...lol. I definitely need to take some photography classes! :D
Be wary about raising the ISO rating too much, the D70 lowest iso rating is 200, which is a bit more noisy than standard ISO 100. The higher the setting the more noise you'll get, which will make the shots more grainy.

To compensate for slower shutter speeds you may also want to look into making your aperature bigger, which will speed up your shutter speed a tad. but it will change your depth of field.

I also have a Nikon D70. If you want a good book, get Thom Hogan's Guide to the D70.

Rackin_Zack

Suffering from OCBD
Silver Member
Dan, I was kind of bummed that I wasn't able to make it up to play some, but I was pretty busy this week seeing the sites and we never did make out of San Diego. With those interest rates you need to PM me your address so I can send you the buck...lol!

Greenkill and Dan, thanks for the tips on books to pick up. I'll eventually learn how to take a decent picture!