WTB: 10mm x 18mm Thrust Bearing

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
I'm working on modifying a piece of my equipment and need a 10mm x 18mm thrust bearing. Do any of you happen to have one that you would sell fairly cheap? I've found some online, but the shipping will either take forever or the price seems to be too high. Thanks!

-John-

conetip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a special sized thrust bearing and will be expensive even if you can get it.
The standard size for a 10 mm id thrust bearing is 24mm od 4mm thick with 1mm washers and 2mm rollers in a three piece arrangement. These are about $6 or so depending on where they are made from local bearing companies.
But for a 10x18, I could only find a ball thrust at 5.5mm thick. They are in the $20 plus postage range,that seemed to be the start price and higher.If you can get it,and posted for less than $30, that is still a good price.

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Thanks for the help guys. I have run across VXB bearings. That's probably where I'll get them from. I already have a 10x24x4 needle thrust bearing coming and have to have another smaller one as well to complete my modifications.

I do think it's very odd that you can get that size off of amazon for under $6, but even though it is "in stock" it will take 17-28 days to get here. Just like VXB, many places only sell them in pairs, which I guess makes sense. Oh well, I'll contact VXB and get them ordered. Thanks again!

jaydog468

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm working on modifying a piece of my equipment and need a 10mm x 18mm thrust bearing. Do any of you happen to have one that you would sell fairly cheap? I've found some online, but the shipping will either take forever or the price seems to be too high. Thanks!

-John-

PURVIS BEARING. There is one in denton and I'm sure there is one in dallas.

Jay Harper

RBC

Deceased
John

Like Jay said, Purvis is a good source.

You might also look at Motion Industries and AW Bearing in Garland.

They will not be as cheap as online, but might get you what you want without having to wait.

Royce

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
AW Bearing is near where I work and they do not have that size. I'll look at Motion Industries and Purvis Bearing. Larry Vigus also mentioned Purvis.

Thanks.

BigDoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AW Bearing is near where I work and they do not have that size. I'll look at Motion Industries and Purvis Bearing. Larry Vigus also mentioned Purvis.

Thanks.

Well if you're close to AW, then you're not that far from us.

You should come by and visit some time. We grown up a little bit!

Royce

oops! I posted this from Doc's login. Sorry! I was sitting at his desk.

Last edited:

johnf_34

JF - Fitz Cues!!
Silver Member
Yes, I'm not too far from you guys. I guess it's been about 4-5 years since I've been to the OB shop, so I'm sure it's changed quite a lot.