WTB: Carbon Fiber 2x4?!

lajus007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
is there any case maker out there that sells such a thing? ive seen the large carbon firber travel case that predator made a couple hundred of but i want to downsize from the 2 3x7 introkes i have to something smaller, easier to lug around lol...any info would help...thanks guys...

also willing to have one custom made...i have a contract with a carbon fiber company for automotive manufacturing and im will to work with case makers as well! please let me know, thanks!

suj

lajus007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yea tell me bout it! im surprised no one has jumped on this idea...guess its my turn...if any custom case maker would like to help let me know>>>i have carbon fiber manufacturers at my disposal...heck id pay 3-500 bucks for a nice carbon fiber case...

06Busa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I would PM, JBcases.
Was browsing and seen he makes/made a drop in interior that peeps could use in a Justis case. But what to do about the lid?

lajus007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
slide off locking, something like an George case? remember carbon fiber can be shaped into anything before the form is made...literally...

im sure this idea would be good for smaller style cases...i dont think id would work for 3x6 or 7 unless a handle was incorporated...but would be awsome for smaller 1x2 and 2x2s maybe even a 2x4...

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
What form of case were you looking for: The cues go in the top, or one that opens like a book?

lajus007

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
slide in through the top....not suitcase style..those i can make with square 2.5x6x32 carbon fiber square mold pipe...and a lil innovation of course lol....i was thinking more along the lines of an old meucci or george style case...with the pop off top...slide off i should say...but you get the idea/..

06Busa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
slide off locking, something like an George case? remember carbon fiber can be shaped into anything before the form is made...literally...

Oh I know. CF rims on one of my motorcycles. :D
Several other CF parts like panels. Didn't have the cash at the right time and missed out on a CF fuel tank. :(
Also know of a few CF frames out there for big bore bikes.
Crazy what peeps can do with CF.

Thack one of them cheapo's and wet lay CF right over it. Lid would still be the hard one.

victorcubed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
1200-202103L.gif

06Busa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Is that real CF?
It looks like fake CF. The stuff painted to look like Carbon Fiber.

victorcubed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Is that real CF?
It looks like fake CF. The stuff painted to look like Carbon Fiber.

I have no idea. I remember seeing somebody at a local poolhall with one of them and it looked pretty legit. But again the keyword here is 'looked.' ;)

At least the concept was there? :eek:

Runnin8

Love God, Love People
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=1807529#post1807529

the cases have been on hold for a while, but I'm gonna crank on tube style this summer. The luggage style, though beautiful, is a whole lot of hand finishing and i'm more a fan of the tube style anyway. I have several designs laid out and will get back to it as I have a bit more time. I'd be interested in following any progress you make.

The Longoni is not carbon fiber actually, just finished off to look like it.

Peace,
Steve