WTB: good cheap playing cue to get back into the game

ioCross

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Finally moved to an area with a pool room, but don't know how much time I will be re-dedicating so i'm not looking for anything expensive... $50-$200 is my desired price range, preferably cheaper than more expensive. I played mostly in the early to mid 2k's, and my requests will prob reflect that. i'm not looking for anything fancy, no southwests or samsaras. a decent production butt, (lucasi, players w.e) with a LD shaft would be perfect, a 314/3142 or a z/z2. other LD shafts i'd be interested in (ob's, tiger, really any LD shaft) obviously don't care about cosmetics, as long as it rolls straight enough and i cant feel any divots or chips stroke thats what counts for me. this will be just a cue that gets me backin the swing of things.

I will look at some production ques at discount as well. but if someone's offering a slightly used viking for only 50$ off msrp , id might as well pay fullprice and get the spec's i want you know?

also, ppl used to post a gaggle of cues at a time on the wanted section, i guess that practice died out?

any and all replies are appreciated.

I guess it depends on how much "re-dedicating" you will be doing down the road. When I started playing again I picked up a cheap $100 cue but it didn't take long before I was playing all the time and that cue didn't last long, so it was $100 wasted which could've gone into a better cue from day 1. If you plan to start playing more seriously then I would recommend keeping JFlowers cues in mind. They are higher than your price range but you can get a really nice cue with a carbon fiber shaft for $319USD. https://jflowerscues.com/product-category/jflowers-cues/playing-cues/ . In one year I basically went from the $100 cue to a $400 purex which ended up with a cracked ferrule within a year, then to a Cuetec Cynergy for roughly $900 Canadian (nice cue but a bit back heavy for my liking) and now I'm using JFlowers. 1/3rd of the price of the Cynergy and it has a better feel. Good luck!

white1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have a National brand with clean shaft ultra skin soft tip at 135 shipped in hard case-PayPal goods and services.

hustler4483

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Finally moved to an area with a pool room, but don't know how much time I will be re-dedicating so i'm not looking for anything expensive... $50-$200 is my desired price range, preferably cheaper than more expensive. I played mostly in the early to mid 2k's, and my requests will prob reflect that. i'm not looking for anything fancy, no southwests or samsaras. a decent production butt, (lucasi, players w.e) with a LD shaft would be perfect, a 314/3142 or a z/z2. other LD shafts i'd be interested in (ob's, tiger, really any LD shaft) obviously don't care about cosmetics, as long as it rolls straight enough and i cant feel any divots or chips stroke thats what counts for me. this will be just a cue that gets me backin the swing of things.

I will look at some production ques at discount as well. but if someone's offering a slightly used viking for only 50$ off msrp , id might as well pay fullprice and get the spec's i want you know?

also, ppl used to post a gaggle of cues at a time on the wanted section, i guess that practice died out?

any and all replies are appreciated.
Call me at (973) 303-2210. I have a cue with carbon fiber shaft for $250 shipped