WTB: Player's break shaft. Help sought

driz86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you search ebay for "players shaft" or "Meucci shaft" you'll find a lot of options with no pilot. Many of the sellers will put on a hard tip if you want for free or cheap. I would contact the seller in your link and see if he has what you want.

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Driz. First of all, Joe rackem is a good guy to deal with. Contact him and see if he has what you need in the same pin and non piloted.

I could give you another site that sells Players shafts but you won't get one as cheap as advertised in your link.

Buy the shaft if it is the correct pin size. Take it to a repairman. He will no doubt charge you approx 5 bucks to face off that insert and make it a flat face.
If that is not the correct pin size, it won't cost you a ton to have that insert changed to the size you need. The outside threads on the insert will be the same so the shaft will probably not have to be plugged and re tapped should you require a different pin size.

Most of my inserts are piloted. If I am putting one in a shaft that needs to be flat face, you cut it off. That is pretty much what anyone will do.

It ends up being flush and no one will ever know the difference.

That is a heck of a deal for 45 bucks. It is his last one, I would jump on it.

Last edited:

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can make one up and ship to you for $35.

One piece brown phenolic or black G-10 material...you choice.

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
I've got one but I want to sell the entire cue (probably have a pretty hard time selling just the butt). It's a jump/break cue. One year old, Samarsa tip, 8 of 10 condition. $60 includes shipping in conUS.

driz86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Driz. First of all, Joe rackem is a good guy to deal with. Contact him and see if he has what you need in the same pin and non piloted.

I could give you another site that sells Players shafts but you won't get one as cheap as advertised in your link.

Buy the shaft if it is the correct pin size. Take it to a repairman. He will no doubt charge you approx 5 bucks to face off that insert and make it a flat face.
If that is not the correct pin size, it won't cost you a ton to have that insert changed to the size you need. The outside threads on the insert will be the same so the shaft will probably not have to be plugged and re tapped should you require a different pin size.

Most of my inserts are piloted. If I am putting one in a shaft that needs to be flat face, you cut it off. That is pretty much what anyone will do.

It ends up being flush and no one will ever know the difference.

That is a heck of a deal for 45 bucks. It is his last one, I would jump on it.

You're right. I was thinking the same about just having someone face it off. It is the right pin anyway. Thanks

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh heck...just buy a whole brand new J&J jump/break cue for $55 and that includes shipping!:thumbup:

That would be a better deal!