WTB the highest end of pool table serious cash buyer here

MATTY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,

I am looking for the highest end of pool table barocco style or sleek looking or custom made all will do, I don't have the limit for the budget here is the thing I had some brand name in mind but AZ is an amazing place always full of surprise so I am expecting something that can surprise me:grin:

Anyone has info or recommendation from dealers please send me the info to mistercues@gmail.com thanks a lot!!

Best,

Matt
www.mistercues.com

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Matty,

I sent you and email regarding your request.

Thanks and regards,
Mark

Hi all,

I am looking for the highest end of pool table barocco style or sleek looking or custom made all will do, I don't have the limit for the budget here is the thing I had some brand name in mind but AZ is an amazing place always full of surprise so I am expecting something that can surprise me:grin:

Anyone has info or recommendation from dealers please send me the info to mistercues@gmail.com thanks a lot!!

Best,

Matt
www.mistercues.com

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
I have a friend with a semi-restored 1912 Brunswick 10' table. Has Simonis 760 Tournament Blue cloth on it.

It's a beast of a table and for sale here in Arkansas.

It has the Brunswick date tag on it that shows it to be made the same month (April 1912) that the Titanic sank, I believe. I can try to verify that, if you or anyone is interested. It might even be the same week.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interested in seeing what you decided on.

I guess the responses you received went to your private email but I would be interested in what recommendations you received. I had the same quest and went with a Brunswick Anniversary, 9 foot and am presently having Mark Gregory build new walnut rails with Diamond dimensions; 4.5" corner pockets for example. He is putting on new Brunswick Super-fast cushions. Guess the experts only gripe about the new Diamonds is their use of Artemis cushions meant for the game of billiards.
I have built a frame to match the Anniversary aprons out of poplar wood to house two 2' X 4' top of the line LED light panels. Used 4.5" wide pieces kerfed exactly like the aprons. Everything but the rails are presently at the guy's house I choose to refinish. When the new rails arrive, I'll have him refinish them to match what he did earlier.
Anyway, I'll purchase Simonis 860HR cloth and pay for expert setup. I'll be interested to hear how everyone thinks it will play.

Last edited:

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Restored Non Paraliel Noverty

Here is my Brunswick Non Paraliel Novelty circa 1880. The table was restored by Time After Time, formerly of Danbury, CT. It is in outsanding condition and has a matching cue rack and possibly a restored brass fixture with 4 glass shades set up with LED bulbs.

I stored the table around 2010 in a spare bedroom and put up my Centennial for one reason, guests complained because the tables prior to early 1900's like these are 3" higher than today's tables. I was accused of home field avantage gambling with my regular customers. This table plays solid and fast. It is set up with Simonis 860, Spruce color, and super speed rubber. I have a write up on the various woods and inlays. It is a 4 piece slate bed. Since it has been in storage, if I put it up again I will do new rubber and cloth. I have never offered this table but I am not getting younger and my home permits one table at a time. If I move I will ad on a room large enough for both tables, plus a 6 leg Kling. So for now that is only a dream.

If you want an action show piece, here it is.

Attachments

• Brunswick Non Pareil Novelty #3.jpg
    Brunswick Non Pareil Novelty #3.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,052
  • Brunswick Non Pareil Novetly #1.jpg
    Brunswick Non Pareil Novetly #1.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,042
  • DSCN0464.jpg
    DSCN0464.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 1,018
  • DSCN0462.jpg
    DSCN0462.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 1,020
  • DSCN0467.jpg
    DSCN0467.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,060
Last edited:

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
details

Antique Tables

Nonpariel
From the 1878 J.M. Brunswick & Balke Co. Illustrated Price List:

"All championship and match games are played upon these unrivaled tables, which for originality of design, beauty of finish, elegance of appearance, valuable playing qualities and general excellence and popularity are unequaled. It was a "Nonpareil Novelty" table taken at random out of our stock at 724 Broadway upon which were played the magnificent games of the New York Three Ball Tournament ending February 17, 1879, upon which Jacob Schaefer made his until then unapproached average of 85 5-7 in a game of 600 points against George F. Slosson, while the latter in the same game scored the largest run and average of his life, 464 and 81 4-7 respectively. It was a "Nonpareil Novelty" taken without care in selection--every table manufactured being of equal perfection--from the warerooms at 47 and 49 State Street, Chicago, on which was played the never-to-be-forgotten match of May 15, 1879, for the World's Championship and $500 a side between Schaefer and Slosson, in which occurred Schaefer's stupendous performance of consecutive runs of 690 and 305, and his average of 333 1-3, the game of 1,000 points being won by him in three innings."

Inlaid with California Laurel, Burl Ash, French Walnut, Rosewood, Birds-Eye Maple and Tulip Woods.

Available in pool. carom or combination tables.

Prices listed in the 1878 flyer were:

8' carom: $250. 8' pool, $275. 8' combination: $325.
9' carom: $275. 9' pool, $300. 9' combination: $350.
10' carom: '$300. 10' pool, $325. 10' combination: $375.

Tables provided with ivory pool balls instead of Hyatt pool balls were an additional $25.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Does he want the "best playing table" or the "best looking"? by picking the Anniversary, and dumping the formica rails for new engineered walnut rails, I feel I've accomplished both. Another point; Centennials and Anniversaries will always hold their value. Seems a no brainer to me.

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
I have a completely restored 1950 Brunswick Anniversary and Brunswick light for sale. Walnut rails Simonis cloth 4.25 pockets . All work done by Mark Gregory just finished 3 months ago. Contact me if interested,thanks.