The other night I was out playing a few games of pool with some friends (who dont play pool) so I was messing arounnd.
I was showing a friend how you can (sometimes) pocket a ball by aiming at the shadows on the cloth. So I started playing with it on bank shots, and it turns out, it worked really well on cross side banks. Not all, but most. I made 15 out of 20 while testing different banks.
It pretty much works like this: (sorry for the poor example)
The object ball will create a shadow on the cloth from the light. mulitple shadows create a crease and the shadow comes to a point. If you aim at the point, you seem to have a good chance of pocketing the bank.
I tested it on two different tables, and both worked. Obviously I realize that doesnt mean anything. But hell, I may be on to something.
Really, I just wanted to share what I found.
I was showing a friend how you can (sometimes) pocket a ball by aiming at the shadows on the cloth. So I started playing with it on bank shots, and it turns out, it worked really well on cross side banks. Not all, but most. I made 15 out of 20 while testing different banks.
It pretty much works like this: (sorry for the poor example)
The object ball will create a shadow on the cloth from the light. mulitple shadows create a crease and the shadow comes to a point. If you aim at the point, you seem to have a good chance of pocketing the bank.
I tested it on two different tables, and both worked. Obviously I realize that doesnt mean anything. But hell, I may be on to something.
Really, I just wanted to share what I found.