Yoga mat for diamond return gully

Nyquil

Got this tip from Lil Chris you tube channel. This is a 3mm matt I think I will end up putting in a 6mm when I find my damn T Square to cut this better and get rid of the lip that is showing. Anyway this will work for now. Mat was $10.00 at Walmart. This had three advantages that I can tell. Balls are much more quite coming down the track. Eliminates the thud/ping sounds when the balls reach the end of the track. You get both sounds if you have a ball holder. The end of the return is pretty rough likely to help hold balls in place but this has to put some micro abrasions on them. This should help with that.

Attachments

• 20220702_163341-min.jpg
    20220702_163341-min.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 94
  • 20220702_163328-min.jpg
    20220702_163328-min.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 92

joninnorfolk

Account was hacked - Pending verification
Silver Member
Yoga mat is useful stuff! I made a dog bed to fit the back of my drift boat out of it, among other things.

Tadaimarlon

I did this before and it worked for a while but I ended up removing it because slower shots would get stuck in the middle of the mat and it was a pain in the ass to get them out again.

claymont

JADE
Gold Member
Silver Member
Got this tip from Lil Chris you tube channel. This is a 3mm matt I think I will end up putting in a 6mm when I find my damn T Square to cut this better and get rid of the lip that is showing. Anyway this will work for now. Mat was $10.00 at Walmart. This had three advantages that I can tell. Balls are much more quite coming down the track. Eliminates the thud/ping sounds when the balls reach the end of the track. You get both sounds if you have a ball holder. The end of the return is pretty rough likely to help hold balls in place but this has to put some micro abrasions on them. This should help with that.
In the room I worked in(my brothers'), we lined the GC boxes with matts we got from Harbor Freight. A little thick and balls would drop out occasionally but really quieted things. Don't understand why tables don't come with something already installed.

Nyquil

I did this before and it worked for a while but I ended up removing it because slower shots would get stuck in the middle of the mat and it was a pain in the ass to get them out again.
Good to know. I'll see if that ends up happening on mine or not.

Nyquil

In the room I worked in(my brothers'), we lined the GC boxes with matts we got from Harbor Freight. A little thick and balls would drop out occasionally but really quieted things. Don't understand why tables don't come with something already installed.
Agreed, good thing is it's a cheap fix. Just a pain to get the mat in and lay flat when the table is already together.

Tadaimarlon

Good to know. I'll see if that ends up happening on mine or not.
The mat I used was too soft, the balls had a hard time rolling to the end. One ball would get stuck and then the other balls would get stuck behind the first ball. I was really happy in the beginning because it was so silent but it became a huge hassle in no time 😆

Nyquil

The mat I used was too soft, the balls had a hard time rolling to the end. One ball would get stuck and then the other balls would get stuck behind the first ball. I was really happy in the beginning because it was so silent but it became a huge hassle in no time 😆
Yeah, if that happens I will get a harder mat that is smooth. For $10.00 its worth a shot....

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's why I used the tool drawer liner. Its rather firm... almost leather like but not quite.

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used one of the old nappy cloth and cut it up. The only downside to it is that it doesn’t stay in place very well and it’s not hardly as quiet as I would like for it to be. I’ve thought about trying a rubber back rug but never have. Ball returns can be kinda noisy.

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess I’m getting old. Just turn up the music on the juke box and you won’t be annoyed by the sound. Wimps.