Zero-X vs. VEPS

Mkindsv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dr. Dave seems like a stand up dude...his materials are a bit pricier than Tor's Zero - X stuff. The first Hour of the Zero-x position play video is free on you tube...he also had a 3 hour one on there but in the last six months it has vanished into the Ether...I picked up all of Tor's stuff for 70 bucks so his videos are what I have experience with, if you want to get better and have time to practice these videos will definitely help your knowledge base and improve your game.

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
Follow-up post

Got Zero-X as an early birthday present (43 on the 31st), and have been doing the drills for about 10 days.

The first drill can be mind-numbing, but it was important. I didn't do the full 2000 reps he recommends, but went past 1,000. I was to the point where I could close my eyes at the stroke and make it. Then I started putting left and right English on the ball and still couldn't miss. I noticed I'd stayed down and followed through on every shot, and decided to move on to the shotmaking drills.

The short of it is that there is a structured practice guide that I have found easy to follow and much better than what I was doing. Lowry tells you how to set-up targets and measure success, and in the drills, doesn't have you doing so many of the same exercise that you get bored.

The weakest part of my game has been the lack of pre-shot routine and consistent stroke, leading to missed shots when my concentration wanders. This already seems to be helping that. Really recommend this one.

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe because I was raised in a generation of "Rebel Without A Cause", I have a problem with authority. Which may also explain why my teachers were always sending me to the principal's office. Which for me makes the way Tor explains things like a friend trying to teach me something. I have watched a few of Dr. Dave's DVD's and he comes across as one of my teachers.

But if I had the money I would buy both of them, also though from a personal favorite just due to the teaching style, I like Tor's friendly demeanor much better.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Maybe because I was raised in a generation of "Rebel Without A Cause", I have a problem with authority. Which may also explain why my teachers were always sending me to the principal's office. Which for me makes the way Tor explains things like a friend trying to teach me something. I have watched a few of Dr. Dave's DVD's and he comes across as one of my teachers.

But if I had the money I would buy both of them, also though from a personal favorite just due to the teaching style, I like Tor's friendly demeanor much better.
So I'm a mean "teacher?"

Now go to the corner of the room. :grin-square:

Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, at least I didn't get sent to the office again. But I did say I would buy both of them!!! Does that get me out of detention? :)
I'm having a good day, so I guess I'll let you go without detention this time.

I hope you enjoy and benefit from VEPS,
Dave

SARDiver

JCC Chief
Silver Member
I'm having a good day, so I guess I'll let you go without detention this time.

I hope you enjoy and benefit from VEPS,
Dave

I'm looking forward to seeing all of your videos, too, Dave. I like your instructional style. I get the sense that your videos will help me expand my understanding of the "why" and enable a higher level of play. The structured drills were what pushed me to Zero-X initially.

Here's a virtual apple for your desk. LOL