Jen.B and Emily.D what are you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, makes more sense. I just saw SL6, only thing Ive heard that in is APA, which I do not even play.

Never saw a mention of how your leagues levels were rated.
So in a race to 11, they get 5 on the wire? Is that how it works.

Yes, it's games on the wire. The exact spot depends on the relative handicaps of the players, but for these folks against Earl, 5 on 11 is approximately where it would be.

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Lol at this thread! Does anyone really care if someones a 7, and someone else thinks their a 6? WTF! I mean everybody thinks I'm a 3, but I'm really a 4, and like, I'm not all butt hurt LMMFAO!

Rodney---ok really a 3:frown:

Apparently, it sets some ppl off like a rocket, Rodney.

Eric

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You wouldn't be refering to a certain person who called her out on AZ, nagged her to play then finally Borana agreed and beat her? LOL I have been a fan ever since. Why is she supposed to go out of her way for a rematch, when she was already going out of her way to play the first time?

My question was sufficiently answered. That's all I wanted to know.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah, makes more sense. I just saw SL6, only thing Ive heard that in is APA, which I do not even play.

APA references have been made since that's a handicap system that's used nationwide. The BCA leagues in NYC rankings are as follows:

Professional - Includes Mika Immonen, Tony Robles, Steve Lipsky
Open/Open+ - Shortstop speed (or thereabouts)
A/A+ - low-level shortstop
B/B+ - Usually s/l 7s. Women who play at this speed are often NEWT champions and have earned spots to play in the WPBA
C/C+ - Usually s/l 5 or 6.
D/D+ -

For each level-difference, a game on the wire is given. B v. A is 2 games on the wire. If a B+ played Mika Immonen, they would get 5 on 10.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
APA references have been made since that's a handicap system that's used nationwide. The BCA leagues in NYC rankings are as follows:

B/B+ - Usually s/l 7s. Women who play at this speed are often NEWT champions and have earned spots to play in the WPBA
D/D+ -

For each level-difference, a game on the wire is given. B v. A is 2 games on the wire. If a B+ played Mika Immonen, they would get 5 on 10.

That seems somewhat better.

I run a tour that is handicapped in Texas, some of the high rated players would be Jeremy Jones, Hillbilly Bryant, Manny Chau, etc.
So I'm basing my knowledge off that. We have a few WPBA girls that play occasionally, and they get 4-5 going to 10 verse these players. And they do not normally like their end of it when it's all done, not to say they have not won from time to time though, they got fight in them.

Thanks for the info Jude.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That seems somewhat better.

I run a tour that is handicapped in Texas, some of the high rated players would be Jeremy Jones, Hillbilly Bryant, Manny Chau, etc.
So I'm basing my knowledge off that. We have a few WPBA girls that play occasionally, and they get 4-5 going to 10 verse these players. And they do not normally like their end of it when it's all done, not to say they have not won from time to time though, they got fight in them.

Thanks for the info Jude.

Yeah, the same is true over here. The truth is, players like Jeremy Jones or Mika Immonen are going to get a lot of shut-outs against ALL amateurs so the amount of weight is almost irrelevant.

PoolJunkie216

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Will anyone take side action as I've never seen Eric play but I'll blindly take his side against these two for some fun.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I faced off Tony Robles as a D in this league, I was also a SL3 in the APA. Tony had to give me 9 games and I just needed to win 2 in a race to 11.

I won game 3 was on the hill at 10-2. After that if Tony could see the 1 ball, he was basically out. Except for getting up to rack, I don't think I left my chair.

Yeah, the same is true over here. The truth is, players like Jeremy Jones or Mika Immonen are going to get a lot of shut-outs against ALL amateurs so the amount of weight is almost irrelevant.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

The references are made as an insult to the better players. Comparing a "good" player to an APA anything is a knock on them. That's where that came from. The APA being considered the lowest form of league play...

(Yes, I know there are a lot of extremely good APA players put there that this doesn't reflect fairly upon, I'm just trying to give Joe the point of reference.)

FastManners

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

D/D+ -

Cheers Jude, I shamefully admit that I never actually knew what a short stops actual speed was!

dogginda9

I need a vacation.
Silver Member
lmao, at another womens pro thread.
There is no womens pro tour PERIOD.

But on a sidenote, any pros men/women willing to play league is a bonus to everyone involved with the league. You should appreciate that for sure.

Damn skippy............

RunoutJJ

Professional Banger
Silver Member
In all fairness, Emily isn't not an amazing player but she's no apa6. I would say she plays bout even with you. She's a B+ in leagues and tournaments and does well. (From what I've seen you're about at the B+, correct me if I'm wrong) Just giving credit where it's due, she's improving.

Agreed!!

Emily may not be one of the better females on the WPBA but you know what.... She does the best she can and Im sure she is getting better everyday she plays. I dont know Emily but I know she loves the game as much as anybody on here.

At least I give it up to her for paying her own way and jumping in the box with anybody. I know tons of people that have the heart the size of a raisinet when it comes to pool. Kudos to you Em and don't listen to any of these tards that are the toxic waste of this game. Bunch of hating twats :slap:

omgwtf

massiveunderstatement.com
Silver Member
Yes he gets a rematch.

I was asked for a rematch before but couldn't make it to the US open that year, that's where I was asked to play. But I will do a rematch if I get asked again.

If I remember correctly, you played at the U.S. Open that year (the first year they opened it to women players as well). I had proposed to play Thursday or Friday so as not to disturb your tournament performance. You did not plan on staying past Monday or Tuesday. A most unfortunate scheduling mishap for both of us.

I only play on my own money so I regret it may be some time before I have a large enough stake worthy of your action. Nevertheless, I thank you for your very kind and extremely generous offer above regarding a rematch. It has been duly noted.

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
If I remember correctly, you played at the U.S. Open that year (the first year they opened it to women players as well). I had proposed to play Thursday or Friday so as not to disturb your tournament performance. You did not plan on staying past Monday or Tuesday. A most unfortunate scheduling mishap for both of us.

I only play on my own money so I regret it may be some time before I have a large enough stake worthy of your action. Nevertheless, I thank you for your very kind and extremely generous offer above regarding a rematch. It has been duly noted.

We don't care about your action -- but do you have any pics of yourself that you would like to share with the group.

QueenB

Andonteven think about it
Silver Member

Thanks for reminding me... I am sorry I couldnt stay longer to play with you because I had work. I will be happy to do a rematch with you and I will bet my own money too.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
I think the real question is do they play at pro speed. I could post on my facebook page that I am a pro until my face turned blue but at the end of the day I am a SL6 in APA :)

So You're that guy? The one who drew Efren in an open & When Efren came to the table, you said you had to warn him that you were an APA six? ;)

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
In other words...

If you stink, then you shouldn't say someone else stinks.

That's how I got punched the other day...I won a match, told the loser he really sucks and that I knew that because I really suck. :wink:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We don't care about your action -- but do you have any pics of yourself that you would like to share with the group.

D0116ECA-2412-402F-93B8-0E9B2F368F19-322-00000015C96353A4.jpg

Not directed towards OMGWTF or Borana. Just fitting for your comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.