The APA 9 ball team CHAMPIONS disqualified

Banks

Banned
The only way to get that money back will be to put them all in a bus every few weeks and take them to the blood donor place 7x 15.00 =
105.00 divided into 15,000.00 is 14,260 trips.

I hope you don't collect algebra books! :eek:

Pretty close.. 142.6 if your other numbers are correct. You can do it what, once a week? That'll be about 3 years if you don't take into account the bus costs.

(I've got a 19th century book; The Absent-Minded Fairy, for Boys and Girls. Some tool left it at my place a few years ago when I kicked him out. Somebody told me it's worth a few kamui chalks, but I've been too lazy to list it! :embarrassed2:)

tommyceilings

The Netherland Nihilator
Silver Member
Please tell me in that little heart and big stomach of yours that you got some gamble. All the money I take from you goes to charity.

we cheated big deal... im not saying what we did was right, i know it was wrong but its not as bad as everyones making it out to be...

frankncali

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole scenario is crazier the more I read..

They had to use player 2 times but they played other matches and won in 4 and in 3...
winning in 4 isn't that crazy but to win another match in 3 means 3 players gained 50 out of the possible 60 points possible which say alot about the ratings of the players..

Then APA watched his GF shoot 5-6 matches and didn't raise her at all yet she won 11-12 matches.

Other teams complaining about handicaps doesn't surprise me but in this case I think there could be something to it.

I would have thought that the LO would have known but maybe not.

To think that its okay to play another player so someone that is not there is plain nuts and stupid. Hard to believe someone trying to justify it in any way.

APA should put this out there so everyone knows. It might limit any future teams from trying to do something just as shady.

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our hero also collected an additional $2450 for finishing tied for third in the Nine Ball Singles in April. Sure makes you wonder doesn't it. Sure hope he doesn't claim his winnings to the IRS on his 2012 tax return. He'll find out what cheating really costs!

Lyn

if you read the fine print it is not really 15k cash
same with his 3rd place single place payment prizes and previous pay

oh i wonder how many bad hits he had called on him and his team
def get a ref when he/team is shooting not a fun guy to play for sure

I called bad hits on myself in vegas singles/team events did he???

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
if you read the fine print it is not really 15k cash
same with his 3rd place single place payment prizes and previous pay

oh i wonder how many bad hits he had called on him and his team
def get a ref when he/team is shooting not a fun guy to play for sure

I called bad hits on myself in vegas singles/team events did he???

Fish,

The $2450 was the actual cash payout for 3/4 place singles. Couldn't find the cash payout info for the Team event. Total was $15,000.

Strangely, he may have called every foul and bad hit on himself and his team mates. The guy might be scrupulously honest everywhere but that one area. He didn't know what to do about the missing player. He simply chose poorly. Don't know him. Don't think I've ever seen him. Not sure if I want to.

Lyn

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
..beating the semi final and final team is what mattered...

Bottom line is, had you played by the rules, you never would have gotten to the semis. Another team would have. They would have had a chance to snap the whole thing off but their chance was taken from them because YOU guys knowingly broke the rules. You cheated. Plain and simple. Trying to justify it makes you look veeeeeerrrrrrrrry stupid.

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A real crime took place..fraud.

1. who signed his name as a player when registering
once in Vegas before team cpt. sign the team in..?

2. then identity fraud took place..the whole team knew.
no harm..the other team had no clue.

I'm sure by now every one on that team is looked down
upon by others in their area..I doubt any of them feel any
shame..other wise this situation would never have come to
pass..

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One more thing..

If their LO was worth his/her salt they'd been on top of
this too..
Imo their LO should be under some pressure here too.
I say this..because when my team played in Vegas my
LO was aware of how our team was doing/not.
I do not hold APA as a hole at fault for anything that team
pulled over..some people should not be allowed out side.

javi2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 years for cheating, big deal!! This is why the APA is losing so many members in Southeast Pa. There are no repercussions for violators in the league. Threats, sandbagging, unsportsmanlike conduct league operators don't want to get involved...." oh, we weren't there so we can't prove what happened" is a typical response. That's why TAP, APL, NAPA are gaining ground down here. The Competition is listening where the APA fell on deaf ears......

scratchs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
2 years for cheating, big deal!! This is why the APA is losing so many members in Southeast Pa. There are no repercussions for violators in the league. Threats, sandbagging, unsportsmanlike conduct league operators don't want to get involved...." oh, we weren't there so we can't prove what happened" is a typical response. That's why TAP, APL, NAPA are gaining ground down here. The Competition is listening where the APA fell on deaf ears......

It's not the APA's fault that the area has a poor/lousey LO.
best of luck to you in the other leagues..I've heard good things
in reguards to them.

racefornine

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J D Green

Our team was ahead 37 - 23 with David Pinkston aka RACEFORNINE and a 5 , The five was moved up from a 4 the round before . He was 3 w , 2 loss in vegas , his last win was a nail biter 31 - 30 . " Jessie Gulas " aka J D Green beat him 18 - 2 in 12 innings and about 10 min I then dogged the lag , there 7 hit me with 24 from the lag . I lost his 55 to my 65 . This was the 6 th round of the tourny . We finished 17/32 . J D green is no legit 4 in any apa league on the planet .JT I understand now why you did every thing you could to have me not make a complaint . My original post was not meant to rehash all I know already . I was seeking insight from the community about the APA not making this public , not compensating all the teams hurt by the incident , and the APA overwhelming lack of compassion for those affected . What would you do at this point is the insight I was hoping for . I was contacted by Catie Bowman , Tournament productions Manager of the National Championships only after I private messaged the APA about the cheating .This was an odd and extremely cold explanation of there decision by her .

Black Cat 5791

I get all the Breaks
Silver Member
IMPERSONATING A PLAYER – The entire team of a
player who enters or participates under fraudulent
circumstances will be disqualified.

I just copy and pasted that statement from the NTC Rules Section in the, National Team Champions Finalist Guide.

So I know that they received a copy.

Makes you go Hmmmmm............

Black Cat :cool:

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our team was ahead 37 - 23 with David Pinkston aka RACEFORNINE and a 5 , The five was moved up from a 4 the round before . He was 3 w , 2 loss in vegas , his last win was a nail biter 31 - 30 . " Jessie Gulas " aka J D Green beat him 18 - 2 in 12 innings and about 10 min I then dogged the lag , there 7 hit me with 24 from the lag . I lost his 55 to my 65 . This was the 6 th round of the tourny . We finished 17/32 . J D green is no legit 4 in any apa league on the planet .JT I understand now why you did every thing you could to have me not make a complaint . My original post was not meant to rehash all I know already . I was seeking insight from the community about the APA not making this public , not compensating all the teams hurt by the incident , and the APA overwhelming lack of compassion for those affected . What would you do at this point is the insight I was hoping for . I was contacted by Catie Bowman , Tournament productions Manager of the National Championships only after I private messaged the APA about the cheating .This was an odd and extremely cold explanation of there decision by her .

How did you find out they cheated?

millie

Registered
I am completely at a loss for words. YOU CHEATED. If you wouldn't have cheated, you forfeit games. As you say in your previous post, you team is far better than all these teams you cheated against. Why not just forfeit the games then and pull thru with all of you and your teams 'skill'?
I bet your mothers are so proud!

RackRunner

Property of RackRunner
Silver Member
For something as blatant as this, the entire team should be
banned for life, not two years, three years, or whatever. For LIFE! Harsh penalty?
Yes, but it's the only way to stop these guys from cheating. I won the LTC three
years in a row and we had a good squad my first year until we ran into a team that
had skill level 4's who played better than most 7's. They played run out pool when
they had to and "ever so conveniently" missed a ball and hung it in the hole when
it suited them. It almost bit them in the backside, when their 4 tried to miss on
purpose and block a pocket but he hit the ball a little too good and it fell. He was
forced to take his next shot which he didn't have because he hadn't been playing
for shape. That gave my teammate a chance at the table, and if she would have
listened to me, she had a basic stop, stop, stop, runout. But she wanted to play
some stupid shot with 3 rails to get shape and got out of line. It was downhill from
there. I had to remind her, just because her sister played on the women's pro-tour,
didn't automatically make "her" a pro player. At any rate, my eyes were open wide
after I saw all the sandbagging that was going on. I honestly think the APA should
hire someone, or a team of players to go undercover and rate a player's true skill
level. That turned me off on the APA ever since. I'd prefer to play BCA...

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
So Classy

I know I am beating a dead horse here but this is the kind of crap that drove me from APA to another league. Then I have to look at this keg with legs try to justify how they didnt cheat by cheating.....really. As Tosh.O would say, "lets put 10 seconds on the clock and see how many insults we can hurl his way"
10. look mom, can we push it back into the water
9. With all that new money I can afford a bunch of new man bras
8. Welcome our newest member of hair care for men
7. Hostess went out of business, but what can I keep in the case now?
6. Six ball corner, Damn I smell turkey legs
5. I got some great stance tips from K. Corr (see 9)
4. Stop dumping and win this game, the buffet is about to close
3. A SL 4 is the same as any SL 4, kind of like a mini dq blizzard is healthier than a salad....its smaller
2. This is New Derry Tent and Awning, your league shirt is ready...... and finally
1. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST LOSER.

Attachments

• keg with legs.jpg
    keg with legs.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 628
Last edited:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
If it was just for fun, it would simply be called cheating, but trying to cheat the system when money is on the line is nothing less than fraud.

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone said it earlier and I completely agree with the idea that the APA should compensate all teams affected by this, even if it means at their own expense. Even if it means they take a hit.

The APA is such a money making racket that I'm sure the financial loss wouldn't sting them nearly as much as the "donation to charity" will hurt their reputation.