The APA 9 ball team CHAMPIONS disqualified

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Someone said it earlier and I completely agree with the idea that the APA should compensate all teams affected by this, even if it means at their own expense. Even if it means they take a hit.

The APA is such a money making racket that I'm sure the financial loss wouldn't sting them nearly as much as the "donation to charity" will hurt their reputation.

Mia,

When the first two finishers in the BCAPL Open Singles were disqualified last year, the BCAPL went down the list of all the opponents they faced over the final five or six matches and distributed the remaining prize money ($13,000) among the players who lost to the two Taiwanese.

APA is supposedly four times the size of the BCAPL. Through the years I've watched the two sanctioning bodies fight (jockey?) for players. The BCAPL won out every time. Don't get me wrong. Both are FOR PROFIT organizations. Just seems to me BCAPL cares a lot more for the players than APA. Don't hold your breath waiting for the APA to "share the wealth". JMHO.

Lyn

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is sad.

we cheated big deal... im not saying what we did was right, i know it was wrong but its not as bad as everyones making it out to be...

I still cannot believe that someone or anyone for that matter can say or even think in this manner and then post it on an open forum for everyone to read. There must be a psychiatrist that can help this poor misguided individual, he really needs professional help...

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member

I still cannot believe that someone or anyone for that matter can say or even think in this manner and then post it on an open forum for everyone to read. There must be a psychiatrist that can help this poor misguided individual, he really needs professional help...

Cuesports,

Your signature line says everything we need to know about this guy. As even he said, no one was watching.

Lyn

tappolice

Registered
Players going to TAP Rally/SBE in NJ look here

any players making the trip to SBE this year who are playing in the TAP dream team event, pay special attention to this clowns teams that are entered into the dream team event. Balls Deep #17 and No Chance #17 will be getting carded if we run across them

this is my team...HE NEVER SHOWED A FAKE ID... not 1 team carded him...he is a apa 4 and played in place of a apa 4 the first 2 days till our 5th player got there... we had 3 7s and couldnt shoot 5 players to make 23 till the late 2nd day of play... we won that shit legit, if they allowed a roster change we wouldnt of had to cheat... and its not like we played a 7 as a 4...he is a 4 as a 4..and still a 4 now altho we got thrown out for 2 years and they "asked" for the $ back...you think were gonna repay 15k??

Taco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we cheated big deal... im not saying what we did was right, i know it was wrong but its not as bad as everyones making it out to be...

Yes it was as bad as everyone's making it out to be. And it was a big deal, at least to the small fraction of the population that plays league pool. You have one point I agree with: it was wrong.

Now go spend your prize money on more Big Whoppers and Budweisers, and enjoy your ban. You can always start a new league, and the three players who show up will undoubtedly enjoy it.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
any players making the trip to SBE this year who are playing in the TAP dream team event, pay special attention to this clowns teams that are entered into the dream team event. Balls Deep #17 and No Chance #17 will be getting carded if we run across them

I think it would take an awful lot of balls for this clown to show his face at anything billiard related for quite a while, but it wouldn't surprise me - he certainly isn't the sharpest tack in the box

tappolice

Registered
he has decided to branch out into TAP. oh joy

Yes it was as bad as everyone's making it out to be. And it was a big deal, at least to the small fraction of the population that plays league pool. You have one point I agree with: it was wrong.

Now go spend your prize money on more Big Whoppers and Budweisers, and enjoy your ban. You can always start a new league, and the three players who show up will undoubtedly enjoy it.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

I hope you, or anyone else that encounters this guy at SBE, comes back here and gives us a report afterwards....it could be an eventful weekend for him.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
I hope you, or anyone else that encounters this guy at SBE, comes back here and gives us a report afterwards....it could be an eventful weekend for him.

I think it'd be great if some of the APA 9 ball teams from Las Vegas ran into him.

Sam at TAP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's clear a few things up

I did not want to get involved in this mess since it is the other leagues problem and not TAP's but since it was brought up that they play in TAP, I want to clarify a few things here.

1. The male players have been in TAP long before what happened last August so they are not "branching out" to TAP. Two of the four have played TAP for 8-13 years. The least the other two have been in TAP is about 2 1/2 years. So they didn't just jump over to TAP. They have been in TAP.

2. I am not nor do I plan on banning these players from TAP for something they did in the other league. This would be the same as banning someone from one pool room because he did something in another. I am not backing them for what they did. It was wrong what they did. Period. But it is not a TAP matter or problem. They did nothing like this in TAP.

3. I have banned players for cheating and not paying league fees for life in TAP and they have been accepted into the APA with open arms. They were not banned there due to what they did in my league. So before anyone jumps on me for not banning them, it goes both ways.

4. If these players do anything in TAP like they did in Vegas, they will be banned for life, not 2 years. But they have not done anything wrong in TAP at this time.

5. Before you guys take it further, many of these players are currently playing in the BCA as well.

6. I always stress to my players when they are at a national event and you don't know the players. CHECK ID'S!! What they did was wrong but it was stupid for the opposing team to let the door open to this abuse.

7. The bottom line is this. If they did something wrong in other leagues then that's the other leagues problem. They are innocent in TAP of any these things. Will I and TAP keep an eye on them. Absolutely! These players have never did this in TAP and have always paid their weekly fees. Maybe it's the system over there or the people running it. That's just my opinion. No league can control what players do but sometimes the system opens it up for this to happen. Think about it.

Last edited:

Bill S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did not want to get involved in this mess since it is the other leagues problem and not TAP's but since it was brought up that they play in TAP, I want to clarify a few things here.

1. The male players have been in TAP long before what happened last August so they are not "branching out" to TAP. Two of the four have played TAP for 8-13 years. The least the other two have been in TAP is about 2 1/2 years. So they didn't just jump over to TAP. They have been in TAP.

2. I am not nor do I plan on banning these players from TAP for something they did in the other league. This would be the same as banning someone from one pool room because he did something in another. I am not backing them for what they did. It was wrong what they did. Period. But it is not a TAP matter or problem. They did nothing like this in TAP.

3. I have banned players for cheating and not paying league fees for life in TAP and they have been accepted into the APA with open arms. They were not banned there due to what they did in my league. So before anyone jumps on me for not banning them, it goes both ways.

4. If these players do anything in TAP like they did in Vegas, they will be banned for life, not 2 years. But they have not done anything wrong in TAP at this time.

5. Before you guys take it further, many of these players are currently playing in the BCA as well.

6. I always stress to my players when they are at a national event and you don't know the players. CHECK ID'S!! What they did was wrong but it was stupid for the opposing team to let the door open to this abuse.

7. The bottom line is this. If they did something wrong in other leagues then that's the other leagues problem. They are innocent in TAP of any these things. Will I and TAP keep an eye on them. Absolutely! These players have never did this in TAP and have always paid their weekly fees. Maybe it's the system over there or the people running it. That's just my opinion. No league can control what players do but sometimes the system opens it up for this to happen. Think about it.

What are the names of the players on the team or where can I find them?

Bill Stock

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sweet! My first SBE will provide money action as well as drama..sparring action! Every opponent should card them every match...make it known they are scumballs!

Sam at TAP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely

Absolutely I know for sure. They play in my league. If they would have done something like this I would not be on here posting because they would not be in TAP and not welcome back. Like I said, there are players banned for life from TAP that are in the APA now. You have to realize something about TAP. TAP does not raise players handicap at events. We catch you, we dq you. We don't slap your hand and raise you and you keep playing. Your done for that event and that includes minis and anything else with the event.
For something like this a 2 year ban would never be considered. Lifetime and nothing less.

I am not naming names. Ask that league for names. Why should I say anything when the APA is all hush-hush. This is not TAP's problem. Again..they did nothing wrong in TAP.

FYI...When the league first started, TAP founder and president Loyd Schonter found out one of his best friends was trying to bag. He called him over, asked him for his membership card, took out a pair of scissors out and cut the card in half in front of him and banned him for life. A 2 year ban for what this team did would never cross Loyd's mind. Lifetime..Period.

Last edited:

RFranklin

Ready, fire...aim
Silver Member
Check In

Maybe someone can clarify this but I thought each player has to check in upon arrival. Common sense would tell you that the APA would monitor the eligible players for each score sheet. Not there, not approved to play, right?

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely. They play in my league. If they would have done something like this I would not be on here posting because they would not be in TAP and not welcome back. Like I said, there are players banned for life from TAP that are in the APA now. You have to realize something about TAP. TAP does not raise players handicap at events. We catch you, we dq you. We don't slap your hand and raise you and you keep playing. Your done for that event and that includes minis and anything else with the event.
For something like this a 2 year ban would never be considered. Lifetime and nothing less.

I am not naming names. Ask that league for names. Again..they did nothing wrong in TAP.

It really sucks that all the pool leagues (i.e. APA, TAP, BCA) cannot work together to ban these guys. By your admission players have been banned from TAP and moved to APA. In this case it would have been sweet justice if he were banned from TAP as well. Upper management of TAP should talk to upper management of APA and share the players who are dishonest jerks.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Absolutely. They play in my league. If they would have done something like this I would not be on here posting because they would not be in TAP and not welcome back. Like I said, there are players banned for life from TAP that are in the APA now. You have to realize something about TAP. TAP does not raise players handicap at events. We catch you, we dq you. We don't slap your hand and raise you and you keep playing. Your done for that event and that includes minis and anything else with the event.

I am not naming names. Ask that league for names. Again..they did nothing wrong in TAP.

I hope you're right, you're betting your reputation on it. Seems like a very short leap to me

George

Balance is everything
Silver Member
I hope you're right, you're betting your reputation on it. Seems like a very short leap to me

I'd say Sam ain't wagering anything, he stated what he knows. He also stated what would happen to these guys if they got caught cheating in TAP. I'll bet these guys are thoroughly scrutinized even if no one will admit it here in a forum.

As far as this clown coming here defending his actions? All I can say is WOW :yikes::rotflmao::bash::kma:

I had a problem with my APA Masters team in 2011, between myself, my L.O. and the APA national office some how my roster was missing a player when I signed in for the tournament, we went with only 3 players and one of their names was not on the roster so we only had 2 eligible players for our first 2 matches, lost the 1st and won the 2nd. It never even crossed my mind to play my other player under a false name and he was SUPPOSED to be on it. I can't imagine what these clowns were thinking :shakehead:

bullshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
unfortunately this seems to happen no matter what the league is. A couple years back i was playing as part of a B team for BCA (allowed to have 4 B players and 1 BB player) and we got steamrolled by a team that we later found out had 3 masters and 2 BB players on it. The players got raised up after they knocked us out and complaining to the TD did nothing for us.