The APA 9 ball team CHAMPIONS disqualified

cluelesscuer

To win in the APA is not about good play. It's generally about forming and maintaining cohesive team while staying under 23. And luck, a lot luck.

Maintaining a cohesive team while staying under 23 is a lot harder than it sounds. You weren't able to do that when it came to Nationals. Therefore, you should have not done what you did...it was unfair.

Did you kill anyone? No. Is what you did that bad? No.

Is you coming out here and defending yourself and acting somehow you are in the right okay and acting like the APA screwed you over?

No. In fact, that's the pathetic part.

Racing-Robbie

Registered
My team was there in 2012. Our players got moved up and we could only throw the 19 rule. We could of thrown 23 but one player couldn't make the trip. We lost 49/51 both times because of the forefit 20-0.

Can't say we didnt try. Cheaters don't ever get anywhere in life and it will come back to bite you in the ass. 2nd place went to a Lafayette la team.

ruzzy1

Registered
very first of all is you said u made roster changes , (HELLO) the rules are no roster changes so yeah obv you cheated and you knew that so it was a conscious decision . and nobody cares about how good your team is or how weak the opposition was , i guess they were weaker because they dont cheat and sandbag lmfao . like i said earlier ive played in the nationals 7 times and yes they tell all the players when u start your match both opponents are to put their id on the table for the players to verify , alot of people dont to be polite but alot do .

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he played 2 matches..2nd round and 3rd round.. and no fake id was ever used, we never got carded those matches.. we played like 12 or 13 rounds/matches..the final 3 days are match after match where the first day you only play once if you got a bye like we did and 2 matches the 2nd day which we won 1 in 4 didnt have to shoot him and won 1 in 3...

people are just crying bc they lost, only 2 teams were "cheated" by us and like i said we played a apa established 4 in place of our apa established 4, he was down there w me playing in the doubles tourny...

grow up, its a apa tournament and we did what we had to or forfeit, alota players do this every year down there without getting caught...we didnt get caught till 4 months later and just was penalized recently bc of people running theyre mouth..i could care less to ever play in the apa ever again... its a joke and no good players even play in it around here

our 8th guy not pictured wasnt ever there bc his g/f had a baby and he couldnt go and our other 3 the girl didnt make it there till friday bc of airport trouble and was stuck in dallas for almost 2 days.. she was supposed to make it late first day and didnt make it for 2 days which screwed us w 3 7s..

alo0tta you guys woulda done the same thing, or if the apa allowed a roster change b4 the tourny started i woulda done it and legitimatly won it and noone would be crying bc he is a 4 and played as a 4.. big deal, we beat you and this is all you can grab to feel you woulda won

People like you are what brings a pretty good organization like APA down. Somehow in your mind you were justified in cheating? WTF. That does not make it right. APA clearly defines the roster rules and you clearly made the choice to not follow them. That makes you and your whole team a bunch of 2 bit immature cheating kids.

Glad a picture was posted of you. Now we all know who you are.

jt's06sti

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we cheated big deal... im not saying what we did was right, i know it was wrong but its not as bad as everyones making it out to be...

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I've been going to Vegas to play in the BCAPL National event for about 12 years now. I have never thought to ask my opponent for his ID.
So....using your logic, it's OK to drink alcohol at 17 years of age as long as nobody cards you? :shrug:
I guess it just comes down to personal integrity. Some people have none unfortunately. Sad, just very sad.
I know of a local team that planned their trip for 5 person teams and only 4 players could make the trip. They actually won a couple matches before getting knocked out of the tourney. Not once did they think about picking up a extra player.

Chris,

Several years ago, one of the teams I played on at the BCA's had a strange match. We played a team from Atlanta, GA. One of our guys was waiting to play his game. We were way ahead and his game would have given us the thirteenth point. While waiting, he spun some balls on his table with his hand. The opposing captain called the ref and sure enough, the ref gave them the game he was waiting for and cue ball in hand on the game in progress. It's what the rules at the event called for. Just thought it was kind of classless but rules are rules.

I immediately asked each member of our team if they had remembered to bring their BCA membership card. Something we had discussed in advance. I was scheduled to play the twenty fifth point. If we had not already won the match, I was going to call the ref and ask him to card the opposing team. No card, no play! Guess winning was important. And rules are rules. We won anyway. Never had to ask the question but I was pissed enough to do it.

Don't think John understands what really happened. Whether or not his "sub" was carded or not, the guy should not have played. If they lost the match, oh well. Perhaps next time they'll have enough players in attendance to meet the rules. Sure hope the APA doesn't let this just slip by. Then again, it is the APA. Who knows if they even care! Honor doesn't count anymore.

Lyn

PS Played last year with Dick's Pick from Vegas in the ACS / BCAPL events.

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NO, I AGREE, i just wanted to clear the fake id thing up so it didnt go any further.. it was a on the fly desicion, and not planned, where would he got a fake id on spot nor would we have taken it that far..also we hoped he only had to play 1 and only played him when we had to, we won a few in 4

all im saying is, i wanted to justify what we did, many other may have done the same thing, maybe not..we did what we had to to get by till our other player made it there and as soon as we could make the 23 rule we played 100 %legit rest of tourny from round 3 or 4 to finals which is like 13 rounds...yes it was against the rules but we didnt flat out rob and cheat everyone like people are acting and everyone on my team feels like we won it..like i said earlier we didnt handicap manipulate like alot of others, and we played a 4 as a 4, he won 1 and lost 1...big deal..beating the semi final and final team is what mattered...
also.. why isnt anyone talking about the team that got dq'd in semifinal, i watched that match, they had over 7 handicap adjustments i heard 2 people going 2 caps, they destroyed the team we played the matches were all single digit innings except 1 from what i saw, it was outragous.. we had less than 1 cap increase combined our 2 that were raised were both on the bubble and were raised first match and 2nd match played...

Dude it really makes no difference if you used a fake ID or not. You threw a player and said he was somebody else. How is that ANY different than using a fake ID. In both cases you are lying about the person who is playing. Grow up.

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
we cheated big deal... im not saying what we did was right, i know it was wrong but its not as bad as everyones making it out to be...

John T,

Just curious, if you did the player substitution so early?? How did you get caught? If I missed this earlier in the thread, sorry about that.

jbk

Last edited:

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
you got caught was it worth the glory oops infamy?
when my team played apa 6 times there, we presented our ids before each match and we had our id tags on as required, on our sleeves ?
ok one question did he have the missing players id badge on him?

Last edited:

dmyles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you guys really do not get cheating is cheating and everyone should be playing by the same rules, then I do not know what to say other then I am glad I do not have to play pool with any of you.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude, you admitted knowingly breaking the rules. This wasn't an act of omission or ignorance, it was a conscious decision on your part. Now you try spinning and justifying it with really weak and stupid rationalization. I could potentially find some small iota of respect or understanding if you'd have just manned up and admitted it.

Mickey Qualls

You study the watch......
Silver Member
This kid just keeps diggin' himself a deeper hole...

Attachments

• cheat.jpg
    cheat.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 892

rope_one

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't admit your wrong, don't justify it, don't do anything, just go away, from the APA, BCA, CSI, AZ Billiards and anything else related to pool. Both sides will be better off.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I've never played league so excuse me if this is stupid.

Had you played on the square, would you have simply forfeited 2 games? If so, then would that have spelled doom for your team in the tourney or could you have overcome it?

tank69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Go look in the mirror...you'll see a cheater. Cheating is no big deal? I guess I don't blame you fully for your ignorance and lack of integrity...your parent's deserve some of the blame as well.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The most outrageous statement i have ever read on AZ!

] we cheated no big deal... im not saying what we did was right, i know it was wrong but its not as bad as everyones making it out to be]

You have single handedly taken integrity to a new low, I have no idea how you can be proud of yourself or your teammates..

Last edited:

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nothing funnier than somebody trying to justify cheating lmao. cheating is cheating no matter what the reason is , ive played in the nationals 7 times and dont think cheating is widespead like this player does.

My LO told me one time that one of his teams captain recruited a guy on the plane to vegas he was outed by our other area teams there that saw the new guy play and told APA about fraud!
They were DQ'D
there are other people watching as they found out sad it had to happen for a stupid mistake
my advice let it die!

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
this is my team...HE NEVER SHOWED A FAKE ID... not 1 team carded him...he is a apa 4 and played in place of a apa 4 the first 2 days till our 5th player got there... we had 3 7s and couldnt shoot 5 players to make 23 till the late 2nd day of play... we won that shit legit, if they allowed a roster change we wouldnt of had to cheat... and its not like we played a 7 as a 4...he is a 4 as a 4..and still a 4 now altho we got thrown out for 2 years and they "asked" for the $ back...you think were gonna repay 15k??

This apa 4 that you had sit in, did he actually play in the team event with you guys while he was there? If he did, did he use his real name or that of a person on your roster?

Last edited: