Justin Bergman looking to gamble

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
Glad you realize what an assenine post it was for you to ask if justin was dcking yoir wife.

It really wasn't that crazy of a thing to say. It's just that the list of Philippinos that would likely give Justin a real run for the money might be more than just a few, so it was easier to just exclude the whole bunch so he doesn't keep getting offers by the one's that he didn't specifically call out and exclude.

_______

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
According to FargoRate there are only 4 Filipino players that are rated higher than Justin Bergman

Dennis Orcollo, Carlo Biado, Alex Pagulayan, and Lee Van Corteza.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to FargoRate there are only 4 Filipino players that are rated higher than Justin Bergman

He's smart enough to know better than that ,,

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It seems like you rely an awful lot on Fargo ratings. There's a bit more to matching up than that number.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No

Their's all kinds of great talent over in the Philippines that can give any of the 4 u
named a run for their money. Thing is its not so easy to obtain a visa, I be willing
To guess theirs quiet a few over their that would jump rite out of their seat to play
Justin B.

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've gambled with Dennis a few years ago he gave me the 8 playing 10 ball on 9ft only time we've played. He's my friend, haven't gambled since. I played Warren Kiamco and few others. I think Filipinos, Tawainese, & Chinese are by far the best players in world. I would love to play them because I know it would make me better. I couldn't care less about playing the Challenge of Champions, World 9 Ball, etc. World 9 Ball 10 years ago when Matchroom ran it for sure I'd love too. They made it exciting & it paid good... Now it's a joke... Half the people in it shouldn't even be allowed in a pro tournament.

sry, but you desperatly need a realitycheck! in world 9b you wont find much dead money.......unlike the US open which is half filled with american dead money!
maybe a trip outside of the US other than to the guaranteed mosconi cheque would open your eyes!

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He's inside top 20 Fargo it's worth a flyer

and that means excactly nothing, esp when he never competes in the big fields other than the US open!........busti is also top 20 lol, just have a look whos NOT top 20!
there are prolly about 10 filipinos who would take him on........ and that top 20 player refuses to play them all lol speaks volumes about fargo!

Last edited:

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sry, but you desperatly need a realitycheck! in world 9b you wont find much dead money.......unlike the US open which is half filled with american dead money!
maybe a trip outside of the US other than to the guaranteed mosconi cheque would open your eyes!

That was kinda true a few years ago in the US Open when the entry was $400-$500 and the field was larger.

For this past year, the top 50 entrants for World 9-Ball (Qatar) went down to a rating of 772

The top 50 entrants in US Open went down to a rating of 768 --pretty close.

You can criticize JB for not traveling, that's fine. But the US Open is most definitely a major world-class field that pretty much rivals the field of any tournament anywhere.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That was kinda true a few years ago in the US Open when the entry was $400-$500 and the field was larger.

For this past year, the top 50 entrants for World 9-Ball (Qatar) went down to a rating of 772

You can criticize JB for not traveling, that's fine. But the US Open is most definitely a major world-class field that pretty much rivals the field of any tournament anywhere.
It is now since they made it a WPA sanctioned event, format however for the world events get cut to single elimination so the actual field of those who can cash might be even higher on average,, and then there is the World title thing ,, you can consider golfs TPC a 5th major like you can the US Open 9 ball , but that's what it is at the end of the day

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
and that means excactly nothing, esp when he never competes in the big fields other than the US open!........busti is also top 20 lol, just have a look whos NOT top 20!
there are prolly about 10 filipinos who would take him on........ and that top 20 player refuses to play them all lol speaks volumes about fargo!

Im not talking gambling I'm talking him playing in big world events , there is zero doubt in my mind he can get action there , he knows that that's why he's excluding them

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

im not really criticizing JB fo not tavelling, i pretty much understand his take....
and please, dont give the ratings for the top 50, give the ratings for the whole fields (cause thats what we are talking about) and even fargo will find the difference (maybe lol)!

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would definitely say yeah you have a better chance at being sponsored but you're not going to get much. I could get $1,500 a month in cues from Muecci. They even built me a cue and I was going to use it but I hated it so bad I couldn't use it. You will be lucky to get $1,000 a month I think from any sponsor. Meucci is one of the best with that and it varies but mostly they are all getting $500-$2,000 in cues a month and then you still have to sell them. You'll end up with about half of retail. I'm sure that one guy will tell me I'm wrong and if I win some tournament in Europe I'll get $160,000 a year in sponsors lol

Thx for your insight, interesting take. It seems the situation is quite different here in Europe as I positively know of players who got their sponsorship contracts not in cues but in real money (= i have seen their contracts). Most of them are in similar range in money as is yours in cues, some have their contracts based on their results where high placement gives them sweet money bonus from their sponsor (Predator favours this kind of contracts), some sponsors cover some or all tournament expences of their player (i have such sponsor). And I know of one player (world champion) whos contract basically gives him freedom to fully focus on his pro pool player career.
Anyway I have one more question Justin - what do you think of an idea that traveling to those big international events would help you grow your mental toughness/endurance? Would it be worth the effort? I am asking because I firmly believe that you HAVE the potential to be truly great player who could build quite a legacy similar to SVB if you decide to step out of your comfort zone more..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
It's amazing that meucci and others won't pony up even those numbers you are mentioning, but in cash. To give their own shitty products as payment, way underpayment at that, takes serious gall.

Dennis has a much better deal (cash) with Meucci, but he is a world class elite player. Justin can ask him and I'm sure Dennis will tell him if he hasn't already. They are friends after all.

Bottom line is that if you can get out there on the world stage and make some noise you can demand better sponsorship packages. Shane is up there in the stratosphere with his deals compared to the other guys. And the top Chinese women dwarf Shane with their sponsorship from major Chinese companies that are not pool related (cosmetics, clothing etc.).

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Im not talking gambling I'm talking him playing in big world events , there is zero doubt in my mind he can get action there , he knows that that's why he's excluding them

jup, i know....... and im talking about fargo, its not JBs fault to be ranked as top 15, but he basically excludes himself from that top 15 by refusing to gamble with half the world! which again tells me that fargo shouldnt be taken too serious!

pmac666

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thx for your insight, interesting take. It seems the situation is quite different here in Europe as I positively know of players who got their sponsorship contracts not in cues but in real money (= i have seen their contracts). Most of them are in similar range in money as is yours in cues, some have their contracts based on their results where high placement gives them sweet money bonus from their sponsor (Predator favours this kind of contracts), some sponsors cover some or all tournament expences of their player (i have such sponsor). And I know of one player (world champion) whos contract basically gives him freedom to fully focus on his pro pool player career.
Anyway I have one more question Justin - what do you think of an idea that traveling to those big international events would help you grow your mental toughness/endurance? Would it be worth the effort? I am asking because I firmly believe that you HAVE the potential to be truly great player who could build quite a legacy similar to SVB if you decide to step out of your comfort zone more..

and thats probably the reason why the top euros have no urge to play for the big money! why should they put their good lifes at stake? on the other side i would be very interrested if JB would play one of the top euros if one would step up for 50k?

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
and thats probably the reason why the top euros have no urge to play for the big money! why should they put their good lifes at stake? on the other side i would be very interrested if JB would play one of the top euros if one would step up for 50k?
His stake horse already made a offer to play any of the European players that's in Vegas now Karl Boyes, Mika, Ralf,Thorsten, Alex Kazakis,Melling a big money long race of 10 Ball and not one stepped up and played.

Only reply i saw him get from any of them was Karl Boyes, said he would play darts instead. :)