Jeff Olney, What a stand up guy. NOT!!!!!!!!!!

Luck1st

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you need to read again. There was no down payment for the cue in question. As for this saga, the OP seems to be hiding his past dealing with Jeff. Dealings in which Jeff feels he was deliberately taken advantage of. Luck1st you seem the think Jeff was your friend, but he wasn't. You used his kindness for your gain. I can understand why Jeff is mad.

Past Dealings???? Never a bad Deal.
Taken advantage of???? How did I do this? Jeff holds all the cards in these deals.

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
I honestly don't get it.

What business school do cue makers go to. F-U- University???

Let's say that it was a deal that you couldn't pass up, once it's established that you did that because of the lack of surety in prompt payment, you do whatever you have to, to make it right.

You offer to make another cue and make it your top priority or something. That's if you don't do the right thing in the first place and keep the cue for the person who ordered it, at least giving them the ultimatum that "hey, if you don't pick it up by such and such a day, I'm selling it to someone else"...

Then to get on the forums and react like it's no big deal and instead of trying to make reparations and explaining that "Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have sold it so quickly, but you know I had the guy there with cash and I kept getting the run around".

Instead you get all defensive like you're totally in the right. That's a sure way to limit a potential increase in customer base.

Sure you'll get the nuthuggers that think you can't do anything wrong and offer to buy any cue you make, but how many cues have those guys BEEN buying from you the last couple of years???

You REALLY think they're going to step up now???

That's just internet bravado bullshit.

Again, I just don't get it. You don't hear about this stuff from cuemakers like black boar, zsamboti, Gina cue who are true professional businessmen...

Jaden

Luck1st

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Olney had his buyer lined up prior to it being finished, this deadline stuff is just crap like his rep is now. If I was him, I would be trying my best to get cue back into the right persons hands, but Im a person with integrity and by the sounds of it Mr. Olney is not.

Exactly.. Why would he be showing my cue to anyone else?

pooljunkie75

Bruce Johnson
Silver Member
This is wrong in so many ways. I've hand to listen to you talk about getting this cue for longer than I can remember. It was to the point that I wanted to tell you that I don't care..lol You and your brother have been HUGE supporters of his cues over the years and its just sad that this is how it ends. Integrity is huge in my book especially with repeat customers. This is just sad....pathetic really.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Maybe you need to read again. There was no down payment for the cue in question. As for this saga, the OP seems to be hiding his past dealing with Jeff. Dealings in which Jeff feels he was deliberately taken advantage of. Luck1st you seem the think Jeff was your friend, but he wasn't. You used his kindness for your gain. I can understand why Jeff is mad.

"I ordered a cue from Jeff about 3-4 years ago. 4pt 4veneer with some ivory inlays and a hoppe ring. The price was set and down payment was made. "

I was referring to the first sentence of the OP. If there is a contradictory statement somewhere else I missed it. If I did, my apologies

bigchiefnd

red and black u like that
Silver Member
Hits em hard, you are the person who needs to READ again. A down payment was made, and it was Olneys idea to use down payment to buy more cues from him. Why would he assume this would lead to leverage against him in the future?

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Hits em hard, you are the person who needs to READ again. A down payment was made, and it was Olneys idea to use down payment to buy more cues from him. Why would he assume this would lead to leverage against him in the future?

Was anything given in writing by either party?
Regardless of what the initial down payment was used for, I don't see anything by either party that would void the original agreement

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
he said yeah, the guy offered me 4 times what we agreed on and I wasn't going to wait 8 months to sell the cue so I sold it.

You're a damn lier! He sold the cue for LESS than what he quoted you. You're just mad cause you were gonna flip it and make 4 times what you would have paid!
You had no deposit and gave you plenty of time to get it.

Luck1st

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was anything given in writing by either party?
Regardless of what the initial down payment was used for, I don't see anything by either party that would void the original agreement

Nothing written other than the Original order that had my $200 deposit on it.

ykndoit

UnRegistered Abuser
Silver Member
Brad, your brother did have 200.00 at one time but used the 200.00 down to pay for the other cue. as far you want to talk about me. that's fine nit, the last dealing I had with you done I did 70.00 worth of work for you sanding some oversized shaft down for over an hour and put on a kaumi black tip you said you would only pay 25.00 and than take over 6 months to pay for it NIT. AS far as courtesy calls 1 2 3 4 5 think about it really 4 too many. Jeff

You tell more bull shit than I care to explain. But I will tell the AZ community my side of that deal......

You did some work on a shaft and put a tip on for me. I asked how much. You said $25. I asked if you got change for $100 or do you just want me to get it to you the next time I come up. You said that's fine. If money was ever an issue, I could have drove to the gas station and got change. You have been asked several times by myself, Matt, and Brian if we can pay you a deposit, down payment, or cigarette money. Every single time( but ONE), you declined any sort of payment. Never once have you got stuffed by any of us.

You calling me a nit, means about as much as your word, zero......

You got a few nut huggers on here to believe your BS, but the rest of us know the truth.

I think you're still mad at me cuz I told you a $200 Filipino cue hits just as good as yours......

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wasn't going to sit on this cue I did tell Brian a few weeks ago I had I guy that would buy it if he didn't want it. I really needed somebody to pick up the cue when done. if Brian had even a 10.00 deposit I would have never sold the cue. I give a lot of people good deals on cues I even did all the ivory inlays for free on this cue. the calls I made to Brian was to let him know he needed to pick up the cue when done but was too busy. Jeff

"I ordered a cue from Jeff about 3-4 years ago. 4pt 4veneer with some ivory inlays and a hoppe ring. The price was set and down payment was made. "

I was referring to the first sentence of the OP. If there is a contradictory statement somewhere else I missed it. If I did, my apologies

See that bolded part above? The part Luck1st didn't even respond too. Someone is lying here. I'm not sure who anymore.

ykndoit

UnRegistered Abuser
Silver Member
You're a damn lier! He sold the cue for LESS than what he quoted you. You're just mad cause you were gonna flip it and make 4 times what you would have paid!

Stay in your lane, sir.

What did and what he said to Brian are two different things.

Luck1st

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Sir "OLNEY NUTHUGGER".

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Jeff's exact words on the phone with me was..... I had a guy come in and offered me 4 times the price for the cue.. Most likely he was lying, but who cares.

Answer me this..... why was MY cue offered to anyone else???

ykndoit

UnRegistered Abuser
Silver Member
See that bolded part above? The part Luck1st didn't even respond too. Someone is lying here. I'm not sure who anymore.

He wouldn't take a deposit on our "personally designed high end custom cues" cuz he said he couldn't guarantee a time when they would be done......

Luck1st

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jeff offered to use the $200 down payment towards the remaining balance of the 2 extra cues I was buying. HIS IDEA, NOT MINE.

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
Stay in your lane, sir.

What did and what he said to Brian are two different things.

I have dealt with him for 8 years and he's a stand up guy.

Why did it take you 6 months to pay $25 for a $70 job? I'll bet Jeff is happy he doesn't have to deal with you anymore.

Luck1st

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well sounds like you ****ed up and are now trying to play the blame game.

You make no sense.. Blame game?

Jeff sold a cue out from under me. The one I designed and wanted to keep as my player. The one he told me I could buy and sell the EXTRA 3 cues to make a profit to pay for the HIGH END one.

poQet trainer

hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Silver Member
A verbal agreement is a contract. What happened to the time when someone's word was sufficient? The guy waits years then the cue maker decides it is justified to sell the cue out from under him because he wasn't there within 72 hours of being advised? Really?
I couldn't agree more, but more and more cue makers are having trouble with finishing cues and deals, and since there's no written agreement if something goes wrong a thread like this happens, now olney is gonna by to lose a ton of business and his deals will gradually become worst
This appears to be real simple. Olney had a chance to quadruple his money and leaped at it then made up an excuse to the OP in order to justify his actions. Assuming what the OP posted is accurate, Olney has made it clear his integrity is worth somewhere between zero and whatever 3x the price he quoted the cue to the OP is.

first of all, I was mostly just messing with you.

But, although Jeff does make a fair amount of SW style cues, I assure you he is one talented son-of-a-gun. His cues hit amazingly and are probably the best bang for the buck anyone can get in a custom cue. Also, please not the pic the op posted here that shows a gorgeous bushka style cue. Jeff isn't one dimensional.

And there is a reason his wait list is years long.

What the op described doesn't sound like the straight-shooting JO I have dealt with many times. We'll see if Jeff comes on to explain his side of it.

Hope there is a satisfying resolution though if the cue was sold, there may not be one.

best,
brian kc <---- still wants a cheap bathroom redo. ;)
I don't doubt his talents and his cues hit have a nice reputation, but yes his most visible cues are sw style. And I know you were messing with me as my reply was mostly sarcastic but it gets lost in Internet translation
Brian, I call you 3 times even sent you pics, than again Wensday and than again Saturday, The first 3 times is to let you know the cue will be done soon to make 100 perfect SURE that you would pick up the cue and had the money all 3 times you said no problem. when I called Wensday now it is a problem. Thursday and Friday and Saturday nothing and Sunday night I sold it. The last time I did just a 50.00 job it took a whole month to pick the pau ferro cue so you could sell it. I put all the ivory in this cue free no charge I really thought you would pick it up fast so you could make a fast 500.00 or even have a friend pick it up. If it takes a month to pick up a pau ferro with the nick you only owes 50.00 on this was scary. I did sell the cue for less than I charged you, now he can flip it and make money just like you could have I see why you are mad. Jeff
Sry sir, but a repeat customer is your most valuable asset, you are wrong with what you did, obviously a quick buck is more important than your reputation which this thread and you're admission will surely ruin, I hear great things about your cues, but it seems I'll try one second hand if the opportunity comes.

Remy

Fear none, respect all.
Silver Member
Sir "OLNEY NUTHUGGER".

You have no idea what you are talking about.
Jeff's exact words on the phone with me was..... I had a guy come in and offered me 4 times the price for the cue.. Most likely he was lying, but who cares.

Answer me this..... why was MY cue offered to anyone else???

You can call me whatever you want, you had ZERO deposit on that cue and he gave you plenty of time to get it or it would be sold to someone else.
This is his story and I believe it, I have bought 28 cues from him and never had any issues.