Kamui vs Moori tips what say you?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
I just switched to Kamui black and ain't going back. Best tip ever!

Once you gone black, you ain't going back! New marketing slogan for Kamui, perhaps not.

Maybe this has been hashed over, but has anyone tried getting a set of matched shafts with different tips for a blind comparison like the old pepsi/coke challenge or folgers coffee switch?

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
As far as the Kamui blacks the only one I'd suggest is the SS. They play fine. I just put Kamui black M on a friends shaft...that thing shaped like it was made of concrete...I didn't even want to hit a ball. Way too hard for my taste. If you like the original Moori's...then try the Molavia. I prefer them over the Kamui.:wink:

samsarakid24

A Little TWISTED !!!!!
Silver Member
Tips

IMO, The First thing to do with consideration to everyone is for any past or current regular Kamui / Moori users to try the New Kamui Black Tip if possible. If you choose not to then IMO your missing out.............
I would suggest trying one hardness level below what you prefer in the regular Kamui / Moori when trying the Kamui Black because from my experience the Black Tips seem to have a harder rating then most.
I have not talked to one person since the Kamui Black Tips have become available who said they did not think they were the best tips they have ever played with after they have tried them. Me personally, I almost did not give them a try because like alot of others on Az I did not think they would be anything different and I did not want to spend the $$$ on something I probably would not like. Well, Let me tell you straight up that I was 100% wrong. I am not one that gives props if it's not deserved but In the case of the Kamui Black, It is well deserved. This is the first Tip I have ever used that has not mushroomed at all in 2 months, holds chalk
awesome, and is Finally IMO the correct hardness rated tip with what I have tried. I use a SS (Super Soft) and could not be happier.
Give the Kamui Blacks a try, you may be surprised how much you like them.

I Was

Thanks..............Paul

chazdillon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i dont know if mine was bad but i had one that when i tried to scuff my tip it would crumble away. i never tried it again. anyone else have this problem?

AMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As far as the Kamui blacks the only one I'd suggest is the SS. They play fine. I just put Kamui black M on a friends shaft...that thing shaped like it was made of concrete...I didn't even want to hit a ball. Way too hard for my taste. If you like the original Moori's...then try the Molavia. I prefer them over the Kamui.:wink:

How would you compare the Kamui Black SS to the Molavias? I like the way the SS plays, but I would like something a little softer...

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
How would you compare the Kamui Black SS to the Molavias? I like the way the SS plays, but I would like something a little softer...

Definately try the Molavia soft then...it should be exactly what you are looking for. Its pretty much the softest of those style tips...yet still doesn't mushroom & holds its shape well. Great tip. I like something a little softer hitting than the SS too...I play with a Sniper.

AMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definately try the Molavia soft then...it should be exactly what you are looking for. Its pretty much the softest of those style tips...yet still doesn't mushroom & holds its shape well. Great tip. I like something a little softer hitting than the SS too...I play with a Sniper.

Thanks. I might have to give the Molavia a try then. I did try a sniper a couple years ago. It was nice for a couple months, but then it seemed like it hardened over. Maybe just a bad tip?

Varney Cues

Handcrafted quality!
Silver Member
Thanks. I might have to give the Molavia a try then. I did try a sniper a couple years ago. It was nice for a couple months, but then it seemed like it hardened over. Maybe just a bad tip?

The trick with the Sniper is the install. Many Snipers are ruined immediately due to poor installation methods. They do get harder, as do all tips, but not dramatically so for me. A fresh Sniper plays like no other...and I usually start playing so well with it that I don't ever want to replace it until its really done. Yes its firmer at the end of its life span...but not so much that it bothers me...and yet it still plays wonderful. :smile:

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yeah they're different. the old moori's were better but kamui would be the better tip now in my opinion. i guess they play a little more crisp

brulez

cut master
I have the kamui black med. it plays a lil harder than i thought it would.i think i will try the ss next time though... it's a wonderful tip once shaped and played with for a week or so..I haven't tried a moori yet but i think i will give it a try on next tip replacement. The black holds chalk pretty well, and holds shape..

Sniper tip i love.. i wish there was more of a soft with it.. but it's my more pref. of a tip.. it holds chalk great. you do have to shape it every once in a while but whats a lil time for great ball control???

Really i think its all just comes down to pref. But using the forums helps greatly...

JE54

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui Black S or Kamui Black SS ?

I've been using the Kamui Black S and have a different shaft that I'm going to put a new black on. I have one of each that I can have put on. Never hit with the SS, what's the difference ? Suggestion's ? Why use one or the other?

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kamui's for me

Used Moori Med tips for about 5 years. Found the hardness to be too inconsistant towards the end. Switched to the Kamui Med (not black) about 8 months ago and feel it is a superior tip and couldn't be happier!

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ive had the moori med. then switch to the kamui med., and as stated above they are very similar.

Now the Kamui Blacks, soft, and super soft, are the best tips you can put on your player cue, imo..

DeepBanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tiger got it right . . .

The trick with the Sniper is the install. Many Snipers are ruined immediately due to poor installation methods. They do get harder, as do all tips, but not dramatically so for me. A fresh Sniper plays like no other...and I usually start playing so well with it that I don't ever want to replace it until its really done. Yes its firmer at the end of its life span...but not so much that it bothers me...and yet it still plays wonderful. :smile:

Used to use Moori's . . . they just lost it. The newer one's are just not like the older one's. I have no scientific, quantifiable, research based answer - just my simplistic observation that they crust up, harden and don't play well in short order. They ain't worth the trouble anymore.

The Tiger Sniper is the best all around tip I've ever played with . . . 4 yrs now . . . they are consistent, durable, and give great performance. I'm not a pro - but, the world's best players use 'em. I think I'm beginning to see why.

The Tiger Emerald (Green) and J&J Wizard tips are both EXCELLENT tips for the money . . . <$5 each with 80 - 90 % of the performance of a $20 tip.

I saw Mike Massey give an exhibition in March. He's been using the Emerald since late last year on his player's cues. I asked him about what he was playing with. His comment was, "I like the Emerald a lot! It'll put any spin you'll ever need on ANY spot on the cue ball - even if you're NOT Mike Massey!" The guy did a 100 crazy ass masse shots from everywhere that night . . . and then played about 25 folks in the audience games of eight ball with the same cue. I asked him, "how often you change out tips?" He said, "every few months, I just pick it some nights and go on." He's doing this after playing with it almost every night!

I used the Wizards for a couple of years . . . and they are VERY close to an old Moori for $5. I'd use the Emerald or a Wizard in lieu of a Sniper without a second thought. Long as I can afford the Sniper's though . . . game on.

oneshotwiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used to use Moori's . . . they just lost it. The newer one's are just not like the older one's. I have no scientific, quantifiable, research based answer - just my simplistic observation that they crust up, harden and don't play well in short order. They ain't worth the trouble anymore.

The Tiger Sniper is the best all around tip I've ever played with . . . 4 yrs now . . . they are consistent, durable, and give great performance. I'm not a pro - but, the world's best players use 'em. I think I'm beginning to see why.

The Tiger Emerald (Green) and J&J Wizard tips are both EXCELLENT tips for the money . . . <$5 each with 80 - 90 % of the performance of a $20 tip.

I saw Mike Massey give an exhibition in March. He's been using the Emerald since late last year on his player's cues. I asked him about what he was playing with. His comment was, "I like the Emerald a lot! It'll put any spin you'll ever need on ANY spot on the cue ball - even if you're NOT Mike Massey!" The guy did a 100 crazy ass masse shots from everywhere that night . . . and then played about 25 folks in the audience games of eight ball with the same cue. I asked him, "how often you change out tips?" He said, "every few months, I just pick it some nights and go on." He's doing this after playing with it almost every night!

I used the Wizards for a couple of years . . . and they are VERY close to an old Moori for $5. I'd use the Emerald or a Wizard in lieu of a Sniper without a second thought. Long as I can afford the Sniper's though . . . game on.

A lot of people consider Mika the best player on the planet right now and if I'm not mistaken, he is partial to Kamui...I'm just saying

bg49er1319

Registered
Moori Tip

I just got an I shaft and comes with a moori med tip. I was just wondering how long these last? I play in leagues 2 nights a week, and shoot a couple hours a week beyond that.

Can anyone tell me how these tips compare to like the le pro med.

as far as lasting and playability

Tahnks

CS from GR

Registered
I tried Kamui Black hard and I was surprised how much better it hits compared to a Moori Quick I played now for two years. Earlier I played Triangle and I was also satisfied. I recommend Kamui black hard which I trust fully especially in drawing shots. But it is mainly the hit which makes a lot fun.