Kamui vs Moori tips what say you?

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
That's the thing about the walking dead. They're not exactly dead.

As for the OP, I think if everyone tried a nice LePro or a MilkDud or a Triangle, sales of layered tips would go way down. I got several shafts done with a well-known layered brand years ago. They all delaminated. Maybe counterfeit?
As much as it pains me to say this, I had to stop using milk duds after switching to the cynergy CF shaft.
Not sure why, but they play too hard on this shaft. I tried again a couple weeks ago with a new tip and still the same feel.
Even my favorite tip for decades -the Talisman water buffalo hard plays too hard on this shaft.
For me, the tiger sniper is the most consistent tip I've tried, with the Talisman WB medium and trinity medium in 2nd place.
I've tried a couple different Kamuis and found them to be among the worst layered tips I've ever tried.
I can't knock Moori, they have been top-flight for decades as long as they are genuine.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
The funny thing about Tip is if you got to most Pool Accessory Retailers they off 50 Brands, Models, Hardness Levels, and last Solid, or Layered.

If One Tip was best, they would only need carry that one brand. People like & dislike different Tips.

đź« 

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the thing about the walking dead. They're not exactly dead.

As for the OP, I think if everyone tried a nice LePro or a MilkDud or a Triangle, sales of layered tips would go way down. I got several shafts done with a well-known layered brand years ago. They all delaminated. Maybe counterfeit?
Years ago, Talisman tips had a reputation for delaminating even though none of mine ever did. Back in the days when I was using a Willard’s shaper to rough my tips, some tips would delaminate as the outer layer would get sanded down to be paper thin. Since going to a gator shaper for roughing the surface, I have never had another problem with a layered tip.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Years ago, Talisman tips had a reputation for delaminating even though none of mine ever did. Back in the days when I was using a Willard’s shaper to rough my tips, some tips would delaminate as the outer layer would get sanded down to be paper thin. Since going to a gator shaper for roughing the surface, I have never had another problem with a layered tip.
I've installed over 100 talismans from pro mediums to WB hard, and can't remember even one delaminating. This is going back maybe 20 years.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Fwiw, I have not had anyone request moori tip for years now.
But, imo, the Moori M in the 90's were the best laminated tip in the history of mankind.