Kamui vs Moori tips what say you?

Interested in hearing what you guys think I currently use a Moori medium and Im buying a cue that has a Kamui tip from Japan how are they different and which is better quality

thanks

timmy
Moori medium for me all the way been using them for over 15 years however on one of my players cues I bought a Purex hxt shaft with a kamui soft on it and it seemed to work okay,but on my playing cue but I had one installed and hits dead and I don't like it so again no more kamuis for me

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
Moori medium for me all the way been using them for over 15 years however on one of my players cues I bought a Purex hxt shaft with a kamui soft on it and it seemed to work okay,but on my playing cue but I had one installed and hits dead and I don't like it so again no more kamuis for me
Blast from the past, but good to see Moori is still coming out of peoples mouth, I tried out a Moori green jewel for kicks around a year ago, seemed to do what I asked of the cue ball. I have had more problems with Kamui as far as quality control and glazing, I gave up on them awhile ago.

Interested in hearing what you guys think I currently use a Moori medium and Im buying a cue that has a Kamui tip from Japan how are they different and which is better quality

thanks

timmy
Why compare the second and third place tips??? I say you use the best tip out there and call it good...the triangle
People still use triangle these days?mooris out perform triangle any day of the week

Moori Tip

I just got an I shaft and comes with a moori med tip. I was just wondering how long these last? I play in leagues 2 nights a week, and shoot a couple hours a week beyond that.

Can anyone tell me how these tips compare to like the le pro med.

as far as lasting and playability

Tahnks
Le pro lol,have those on my house cues,install a moori med,you wont be sorry

Simply put in my opinion: Mooris will play as good as a Kamui once you break them in with a couple 3-4 hour sessions. A Kamui to me feels good right from the start. If I were to put a Moori on, I'd be sure to hit balls with it for a couple of sessions before I'd jump into a serious playing situation. With a Kamui, I can slap one on in the parking lot of a club and walk in and enter a tournament without a worry.
dave
Never had a problem with your so-called break-in. With a moori tip, never , put 0ne on shape it play a little bit and go play tournament easy

Moori Tip

I just got an I shaft and comes with a moori med tip. I was just wondering how long these last? I play in leagues 2 nights a week, and shoot a couple hours a week beyond that.

Can anyone tell me how these tips compare to like the le pro med.

as far as lasting and playability

Tahnks
Depends on how much you scuff it

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I thought the walking dead was cancelled
That's the thing about the walking dead. They're not exactly dead.

As for the OP, I think if everyone tried a nice LePro or a MilkDud or a Triangle, sales of layered tips would go way down. I got several shafts done with a well-known layered brand years ago. They all delaminated. Maybe counterfeit?

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's the thing about the walking dead. They're not exactly dead.

As for the OP, I think if everyone tried a nice LePro or a MilkDud or a Triangle, sales of layered tips would go way down. I got several shafts done with a well-known layered brand years ago. They all delaminated. Maybe counterfeit?
Possible. I have never had a layered tip delam on me. I think most problems originate at install. Getting it too hot when shaping, etc.

Had a LePro get all spongey on me once. It looked like you could play it like an 🪗 accordian.

Zerksies

Since everyone is up in this 13 year old tread I'll comment,

I used the Moori 3 years ago, it's great tip. It's no longer made so i switched to the 4. The 4 was alot harder then the 3 and I hated that tip. I switched to a Kamui and i have nothing bad to say about it. I don't get any glazing at all, I'm assuming the people that say this happens to don't know how to maintain a tip.

We had a tread going of tips in the last few days and it seems everyone chose the Kamui

Smutzc

Moori Hard for me. Excellent tip and not over priced. The hard tip will last me about 2 years.
I have been playing with Moori Med for the past couple times I’ve had tips put on, about a year now. Really liked them, but this past weekend went up to the Moori Quick, which I was told is Moori’s hard version. Really like what I have felt so far !