Kvinbrwr R.I.P.

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Kevin

Sincere condolences to the entire Brewer family! I am sure that most of AZ will miss Kevin's way around the forum.
Every day is precious, so enjoy them to the fullest!
R. I. P.

ratnip

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sad news, I was just reading his posts earlier. Condolences to his family and friends.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Kevin was in his 50's. He had spent a lot of his life hustling golf and went to Ohio State on a golf scholarship. (I always wanted to go golfing with him but wanted to sharpen up my game for him - this is why you can't put stuff off).

Kevin found ebay when ebay was great to find (not so much anymore). I met him after he got my attention by selling a $55,000 box cue Szamboti on ebay, a feat I still consider to be one of the King Kong monumental awesome sales in the history of cues. I didn't know it but he was a cue sales newbie at the time and buddied up with me to learn as much as he could about cues. It didn't take Kevin long because he soaked up knowledge like a sponge and became a very experienced cue seller who knew where to go to get information.

Kevin and I regularly played pool together and always were in touch about pool. He was one of the really fun characters in my life and never failed to make me laugh. He loved his partner,Dawn and they were a great team. He loved the beach, bicycle riding, golf, pool, was very knowledgeable about art, antiques, collectibles, with his specialty being flatware. He was one of the most professional and ethical people I know. He sold many cues for me over the years and was always 100% honest.

When I was banned from AZ, he started a candlelight vigil for me, which ensured my return and made me feel less awkward about coming back. He was always supportive in a non-loud manner.

Kevin, I'm going to miss you, my friend. You were one hell of a guy. You were cool, one person I will never forget.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's with great sorrow that I report to this group that Kevin Brewer, one of my best friends, a friend I made in a pool room in 1978 and counted among my best friends ever since, passed away yesterday from a sudden heart attack.

He was an amazing "one-of-a-kind" character with endless charm, wit and wisdom. Everyone he touched will miss him, few more than me.

Love ya man,

Joe

I never met him. I never corresponded directly with him via PM or email. Don’t know that I ever even Green Repped him.

But somehow, in someway, Kevin was *my friend* and this has hit me very hard.

His were the kind of posts that I always loved to read — level-headed, knowledgable, insightful, and written with good (slightly twisted) humor. And whenever I saw his name on a post I was sure to open it.

Part of it was our mutual love and appreciation of Ginacues but more than that I think we shared a similar viewpoint on our world, in which pool was such an important part.

I will miss Kevin here. I will miss him a lot, dammit.

Lou Figueroa

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Definitely one of the good guys on here. My deepest condolences to his family.

8-ball Rat

I'll eat you alive.....
Silver Member
I had the pleasure of chatting with Kevin a couple times. He was a genuine, helpful, sincerely great individual...with a personal character all too rare these days.

May you rest in peace, sir. Ill be one of many who will miss you terribly.

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin was in his 50's. He had spent a lot of his life hustling golf and went to Ohio State on a golf scholarship. (I always wanted to go golfing with him but wanted to sharpen up my game for him - this is why you can't put stuff off).

Kevin found ebay when ebay was great to find (not so much anymore). I met him after he got my attention by selling a $55,000 box cue Szamboti on ebay, a feat I still consider to be one of the King Kong monumental awesome sales in the history of cues. I didn't know it but he was a cue sales newbie at the time and buddied up with me to learn as much as he could about cues. It didn't take Kevin long because he soaked up knowledge like a sponge and became a very experienced cue seller who knew where to go to get information.

Kevin and I regularly played pool together and always were in touch about pool. He was one of the really fun characters in my life and never failed to make me laugh. He loved his partner,Dawn and they were a great team. He loved the beach, bicycle riding, golf, pool, was very knowledgeable about art, antiques, collectibles, with his specialty being flatware. He was one of the most professional and ethical people I know. He sold many cues for me over the years and was always 100% honest.

When I was banned from AZ, he started a candlelight vigil for me, which ensured my return and made me feel less awkward about coming back. He was always supportive in a non-loud manner.

Kevin, I'm going to miss you, my friend. You were one hell of a guy. You were cool, one person I will never forget.
I wish I had a chance to meet Kevin. His were the posts that I read religiously; always insightful or funny, and always well written.

My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Scott

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Oh man, it was only yesterday that I was reading a post by him!

Sorry to hear that he passed away!

--Jeff

$TAKE HOR$E

champagne - campaign
Silver Member
Wow, this is a complete shock. I dont think we ever had any dealings but did speak a few times via pm and such.

R.I.P

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Kevin and I talked on the phone quite a few times he was always upbeat. Shame...

JV

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Our AzB Family has lost a good friend in Kevin Brewer.
The Poem below speaks about always staying in touch with
our Friends and Loved Ones, for "Tomorrow" may not come.

Around the corner I have a friend,
In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone.
And I never see my old friends face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,
He knows I like him just as well,
As in the days when I rang his bell.
And he rang mine but we were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.
'Tomorrow' I say! 'I will call on Jim
Just to show that I'm thinking of him.'
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.
Around the corner, yet miles away,
'Here's a telegram sir,' ' Jim died today.'

And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
Around the corner, a vanished friend.

Remember to always say what you mean.
If you love someone, tell them.

Because when you decide that it is the
right time it might be too late...

Seize the day.
Never have regrets.
And most importantly,
stay close to your friends
and family, for they have helped
make you the person that you are today.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin will be missed , I looked at a lot of his treads , and gained from his wisdom .

Condolences to his family and friends , Jim Baxter

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also never knew him, but I knew when I was reading one of his posts. His was a voice of reason, calm and very knowledgeable about what he spoke about. Let's hope we all learned something from the way he handle himself. R.I.P.

SSach

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shocked

Sincere condolences to the entire Brewer family. Kevin and his ebay links and "where will this sell?" always was captivating.

Rest in peace Kevin. We will miss you.

SS

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bad news. I played pool with Kevin off an on for a few years as he lived 10 minutes from my old house. He truly was a good guy and will definitely be missed. He was a pretty decent player and a hell of a cue pimp.

RIP K-Brew