Pool Sharks Reality Show

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Wow. I'm impressed.

Aren't you quite the little Corporate Executive.

Why don't you share some of those thoughts and idea in this thread.

That would be fun.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, it's a good thing the comments are "disabled" on this YouTube video.

I'm a diehard action aficionado, been involved in that aspect of pool my entire adult life. While I applaud Blair's never-ending efforts to put pool on TV, I don't care for some of the casting choices.

With that said, watching reality TV shows like "Smoky Mountain Money," about some native North Carolinians climbing the Smoky Mountains in search of ginseng, going for anywhere from $100 to $1,000 a pound, depending on the going rate, I watched this show and enjoyed it. It was scripted and fake, just like "Lizard Lick," the towing company in North Carolina was scripted and fake. ;)

Esther, the Amish star on "Amish Mafia" reality show just posted a picture of her 5 year old daughter, who is never featured in the show, and she rarely wears Amish garb. For all intents and purposes, that show was scripted and fake, yet I found myself looking forward to each episode.:eek:

The biggest high-roller in recent times when it comes to action -- and it pains me to say it because of the spots requested -- is Dippy. He should be on this show, mainly because he actually *did* put his money where his mouth is, and he did/does have a mouth. His escapades kept everybody on the edge of their seats on AzBilliards with every single match. Never in my lifetime did anybody publicly challenge anyone to $100,000 on up in pool. I've read about Rosey from Detroit betting it up high as the Georgia pine, but in recent times, Dippy wins that award. :)

I wish Blair all the luck in the world, and if and when this show makes it on TV, I'll watch it for sure, but I will know that it s 100 percent fake, that most of the cast of characters wouldn't bet that kind of dough in real life.

I realize I've been out of the loop for a while, but I try to keep up with the pool smut. I live on the East Coast, and I've never heard of "Showtime" before. Somebody please enlighten me who he is. :grin-square:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had to look up WTF that Crisley guy did to deserve a reality show... he's just a flamboyantly (supposedly not) gay dude who played the real estate flipping game and made money at it. Who in the country is watching that crap?

Ha...my wife said she likes it, but I never see her watch it.

I recall seeing the east coast guy at a tourney in March and he was discussing filming the show (pilot?). He said the crew was top-notch and a lotta folks were giving traction to the idea.

ID rather see pool of any kind on tv than just about anything else, ya know?

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Everyone with a camera and was in a high school play would be doing it if it was that easy to get on TV. Deadlest Catch is about the only reality show I watch on a regular bases, and that only because I spent a total of 39 months up in Alaska. Johnnyt

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Everyone with a camera and was in a high school play would be doing it if it was that easy to get on TV. Deadlest Catch is about the only reality show I watch on a regular bases, and that only because I spent a total of 39 months up in Alaska. Johnnyt

Deadliest Catch looks like real reality. I wouldn't want to be there doing that.

I just hope that we get something on TV that sparks another boom.

And I fund it particularly funny that the guy pretending to be from England where there is a bookie shop on every corner is appalled by a show about gambling on pool.

Deadliest Catch looks like real reality. I wouldn't want to be there doing that.

I just hope that we get something on TV that sparks another boom.

And I fund it particularly funny that the guy pretending to be from England where there is a bookie shop on every corner is appalled by a show about gambling on pool.

Go on then, elaborate if you must. Pretending? :confused:

And perhaps someone with a bookies on every corner is well placed to comment on such matters.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member
Check out what Blair Thein is cooking up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgcvG4IZzW4

It's Fatboy vs Showtime (you DON'T NEED TO KNOW who HE is)! All that matters is that he has a Harley-Davidson bag full of casssh, but clearly not as big as Fatboy's Louis Vuitton bag filled with bricks, based on the size of the Fatster's house (holy shit). In a television world filled up with storage auctions, tuna fishing and the Kardashians, I'm hoping pool gets a little exposure with some prime-time chirping.

It looks like Lee Brett, Max Eberle, Rodney, Rob Saez and Jerry T will be featured as well. Personally, I'm hoping they can squeak in Scooter & Company because I'd watch him chirp for hours with my feet up on the recliner, totally love'n it.

Before someone says, "Oh my God, that will only give pool a black eye," just remember: Pool doesn't have ANY eyes to make black and conservative pool is boring pool. Pool never exceeded it's popularity during the times of The Hustler and The Color of Money, which focused on gambling, drugs, slutty women and of course pool thrown in the mix. Personally, I think that pool should embrace it's scumbag roots and use those roots to create a little drama because drama sells. If everyone dressed up like Ben Stein and combed their hair to their side and did nothing but played perfectly and shake hands, people would continue to not give a shit.

If the Kardashians don't give women a bad name, then Showtime will hopefully put pool back in prime-time.

The She Sharks reel will be released next week with Rachael Abbink, Ming and the crew. Those chicks could hustle me any time!

Pool: A Game for Scumbags

I like it... it's gotta ring to it.

If you want to embrace and perpetuate a negative stereotype, don't be surprised when people treat you like it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Go on then, elaborate if you must. Pretending? :confused:

And perhaps someone with a bookies on every corner is well placed to comment on such matters.

Just that myself and others are skeptical of your "english".

Sounds as if you are the one who needs to elaborate. A guy who offered to plunk down $500 to bet on who looks prettier at the table shouldn't comment on pool gambling as if he has anything worthwhile to contribute. Players bet on performance not preening.

Just that myself and others are skeptical of your "english".

Sounds as if you are the one who needs to elaborate. A guy who offered to plunk down $500 to bet on who looks prettier at the table shouldn't comment on pool gambling as if he has anything worthwhile to contribute. Players bet on performance not preening.

It was on performance. It's not difficult to spot those who can play and those that cannot, even for Americans.

And there's simply not enough money in the world i wouldnt bet if it came to a swimwear contest. We can go all-in there...

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
The most pathetic shit I have ever watched!
This is sementing the stereotype douchebag, loudmouth gambler jerk image pool is already suffering from.
I forgot pool was a sport for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Pool's image problem is that it's boring. Come out with your super-entertaining clean-cut pool reality show and make sure it's broadcast on Latter Day.

I hope Blair is successful - I don't care what's real or not, I want entertaining drama.