Pool Sharks Reality Show

ineedaspot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow. This is pretty bad. The production is bad. The drama is bad. The characters are bad.

Here's one problem. The "underground pool scene" isn't full of big money, it's full of small money. Maybe the plan is for the show to be 100% fictional, but otherwise, a TV audience isn't going to be impressed by two guys matching up for 20K.

BTW, "Underground Poker" got canceled by Discovery after one episode. That show had much better production and characters (who were already poker celebrities), and the benefit that, unlike pool, there is such a thing as high-stakes poker.

There are already plenty of shows about tacky people acting like douchebags on camera. Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, etc. They have auditions to find top "talent", and top quality production, and they aren't burdened by some distraction like pool.

The vocational reality shows like Deadliest Catch, first of all, have three-dimensional characters, and also the thing they do is compelling to watch. Stakehorsing is not interesting to watch. Dudes stacking up piles of money and talking trash like 15 year olds isn't interesting to watch.

I think a show about trying to make it as a road player could possibly have potential. Big problem is, having TV cameras follow you around is going to be a pretty big drag on anyone's action.

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Here's an idea... Someone should do a show based on calling out AZBilliards challenges, where someone with worldbeater talent goes on the road to take up some of the internet challenges that get posted here...

You know, those challenges where someone says something along the lines of "I'll play you a race to ____ for $_,___ if you come to my pool room and play these rules"

SHOWTIME1

Thanks for Posting this Spider Web

I also Want to Thank Each and Every One of you for your comments, Positive or Negative.

May You All Have a Great day Tomorrow, for None of Us are Promised One.

Keep Your Head Down and Your Chin Still.

SHOWTIME (Pool Sharks 2014-2015)

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for Posting this Spider Web

I also Want to Thank Each and Every One of you for your comments, Positive or Negative.

May You All Have a Great day Tomorrow, for None of Us are Promised One.

Keep Your Head Down and Your Chin Still.

SHOWTIME (Pool Sharks 2014-2015)

Welcome to our Show...I sort of met you at Danny bell's tourney in March @cambridge. I heard you giving a teaser on the show and your passion for the project was clearly evident.

We got our fingers crossed for its success, we will surely watch it...any pool on tv is better than no pool on tv!