Pool Sharks Reality Show

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Pool: A Game for Scumbags

I like it... it's gotta ring to it.

If you want to embrace and perpetuate a negative stereotype, don't be surprised when people treat you like it.
Pool ALWAYS has been. If your parents had a clue about what really happened in your poolroom when you were there, they would have yanked you out by your testicles.

It wasn't until people tried to make pool something it wasn't when it started to die.

It's a viper pit of treacherous people. Even your very favorite pros love "doin' business."

So, embrace it, enjoy it and try not to be put in the middle.

peteypooldude

I see Edges
Silver Member
I personally like Fatboy. Most people on AZ know Fatboy is a good dude. Whatever he wants to do is cool with me , reality show or calling out Dippy in reality I like him either way. I wish him the best and I hope he does more Fatboy challenges or at least stays involved in pool. He's good for pool either way . I'm on the east coast and I have never heard of Showtime as I know of.
Good luck to Pool Sharks and I hope they take the positive feedback and use it to build on

Solomon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure that I'll watch an episode or two in order to see what it's all about. I just hope that they focus on the pool matches as much as the focus on the drama.

In my opinion, normal pool matches have a place and can thrive on television in the right format. I don't think pay-per-view pool is doing much to help the overall popularity of pool. Not that I have anything against pay-per-view pool because I understand the economics involved. However, the people that pay to watch pool matches are already fans of the sport.

It is ashamed that the World Cup of Pool didn't air live on U.S. television (I know ESPN 3 streamed it online, but it isn't the same). And I'm sure that the Mosconi Cup won't air either. Events such as these are perfect gateways to garner new interest from people who aren't necessarily into pool. The format is easy to understand and it is easy to pick a team to root for.

I get over 500 TV channels and you mean to tell me that not one of them could have aired the WCoP? Maybe if this reality show can gain some traction, we'll begin to see more pool matches aired on TV.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speaking of Fatboy, I just read on FB that Marcus Chamat competed in a pool tournament in Norway called the "Fatboy Challenge." What's up with that?

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If this show is so hated by some of Az's uptight, repressed, puritanical, and
self-righteous acting people then it's probably going to be a hit !!! ;)

I wish the show good luck ! :grin-square:

You think the show "Jersey Shore", hurt business down there, I doubt it. :thumbup:

PS. One of the perfect people here on AZ the other day even complained that
Justin Bergman was continually smoking while playing in some tournament
(they should set him on fire tied to a stake, LOL) Still legal, not good for you perhaps
but still legal last I heard. Uptight much, quite a stretch trying to use that as a
reason he shouldn't be on the Mosconi Cup team, laughable really ! :angry:

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
I happen to know that Cleary is a better actor. Maybe we will see him on an episode, all dressed to the nines.

As far as the script writing goes, and if it is a Reality Show, maybe they can get Kurt Sutter to write for them.

That way, we can bet on who gets taken out into the alley and gets wasted on the next episode.

I will watch it tho, if I can get it on Dish. Maybe it will be on Comedy Central. Eff Boy is pretty funny acting the OG and all.

qbilder

slower than snails
Silver Member
If this show is so hated by some of Az's uptight, repressed, puritanical, and
self-righteous acting people then it's probably going to be a hit !!! ;)

I wish the show good luck ! :grin-square:

Hahaha I like that post :thumbup:

staypuff578

Team Ramrod
Silver Member
Doesn't seem to reel me in too much, maybe when it comes out ill give it a shot.

On another note, I'll give them the 7. :p

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
you won't give the people playing on the show the 7...

Doesn't seem to reel me in too much, maybe when it comes out ill give it a shot.

On another note, I'll give them the 7. :p

If this is the reality show I am thinking of that a friend of mine was working on, you won't be giving the players that play in this the seven...

Jaden

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I forgot pool was a sport for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Pool's image problem is that it's boring. Come out with your super-entertaining clean-cut pool reality show and make sure it's broadcast on Latter Day.

I hope Blair is successful - I don't care what's real or not, I want entertaining drama.

Amen. .

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Attachments

• yYcyqkw.jpg
    yYcyqkw.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 348

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
The most pathetic shit I have ever watched!
This is sementing the stereotype douchebag, loudmouth gambler jerk image pool is already suffering from.

As long as they have real money and put it in play, I'll take a poolroom full of people acting just like that.....