kasson rails ... replacing the rubber

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
i currently own a 9' kasson table... and the rails are driving me nutts. they make this thud sound every time i put a ball into them and i am wondering if i should replace the rails. if so what can i replace them with that will make me happy. i know that artimis and accufast cushions dont make this sound but i dont know if they will fit. any suggestions would be great thanks.

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
How old is the table? Is the rubber hard or does it feel loose? Are you working on the table yourself or is someone else doing the work?

You can retorque your rail bolts down to about 15 ft lbs and see if that helps and check the how high your rail is from the table felt to the point of the cusion.

Start with these and go from here.

Craig

Dartman

Silver Member
As I recall, Kasson used K66 profile rubber.
Definitly check the rail bolt tightness before thinking new rubber.
What model table is it?

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
the table couldnt be more then 10 years old.... i am not exactly sure what model it is... however i know it looks very similar to an olhausen champion.... just its not black its a light wood laminate.... heres a pic if that helps
pool.jpg

Dartman

Silver Member
That's a Kasson Voyager.
They also made them in black which was called the Terminator.
Cushions are K66. Careful when you try tightening the rail bolts.
Too tight and you'll feel the bolt pushing thru the top rail.

If you use a socket with a long extension you won't need to remove
the side skirts to get at the rail bolts.

If tightening doesn't do the trick then the cushions may have become
unglued in spots (fixable) or they dry-rotted and got too hard (need replacement).

Last edited:

All4Moose

Moose
Silver Member
thanks for all the quick information, i will try tightening the rail bolts tonight and see if that fixes up the problem. if in the event i need to replace the cushions, how much would it cost to go with artimis?

Dartman

Silver Member
thanks for all the quick information, i will try tightening the rail bolts tonight and see if that fixes up the problem. if in the event i need to replace the cushions, how much would it cost to go with artimis?

PM sent .......