***New Room Opening***Club Med Billiards***Harrisburg, PA

Ballistic Billiards

Step up your Game!
Silver Member
Club Med has finally reopened their doors in Harrisburg.

front.jpg

main-entrance.jpg

north.jpg

west.jpg

south-west.jpg

from-counter.jpg

this is ames, mister.

counter.jpg

13) 9' tables right now with 6) bar boxes coming in soon.
8) GC III (860)
3) Gandy (velocity pro)
1) AMF (860)
1) billiard table (simonis 300)

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
Whats the address ? It may help you out if you post all the info. We all know how hard it is to keep a good room open. Hope everything picks up evrywhere around there isn't really anywhere to play at anymore <<<ED

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
I gotta get up there and try that billiards table. Are they going to do any weekly or monthly tournaments?

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Coop

Looks like a great room and just what the area has needed. Can you post the address so I can come visit real soon.

Nice pictures, thanks for posting and best of luck to the new location.

Kevin

P.S. I was a minute to late with my request. Thanks again.

Kevin

Last edited:

Ballistic Billiards

Step up your Game!
Silver Member
hopefully

I gotta get up there and try that billiards table. Are they going to do any weekly or monthly tournaments?

Still kicking around ideas for tournaments.
We usually do a Sunday 8 ball at the other room but haven't had enough
people for that lately.
There was a 9 ball that ran Tue. and Thurs. for years in the old room.
There is a 14and1.com league starting and we have TAP 9 ball on Sunday
and 8 ball Tuesday.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great I be up in the area later this week if all go plan . Is the price same or different for Billiard / Carom Table?

USBA site show different address is that the old one?

Ballistic Billiards

Step up your Game!
Silver Member
Great I be up in the area later this week if all go plan . Is the price same or different for Billiard / Carom Table?

USBA site show different address is that the old one?

Same price for the billiard table, the new address won't be listed anywhere yet.
The old place was on Amity, the Mechanicsburg place is on the Carlisle Pike,
which is still open.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Wow-- I can't wait to check this out!!!! That might be my new after work spot since I work down the street!

Dave

Duane Tuula

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful room... wish that was there back in the 87/88 timeframe when I lived in the area. Used to go to a downstairs poolroom in Strawberry Square area that was next to an adult theater!!!

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
I went to visit this new room today and it was a very good choice. Not that we have alot of places to play any longer in this area but Club Med is a good place to play no matter if you just wanna have a serious practice or if you just want to hit some balls around. I checked out the tables and from the looks of the whole establishment it looks good. The equiptment looked very up to date, new cloth good rails, balls. The table I played on rolled very true and the rails were very live. Not to mention the daily specials they have during the week. You cant play anyhwere that I seen for that price all day on good equiptment and the pleasant atmosphere. Unless you wanna play at your own house, but thats not always fun. I know I will make the trip a couple times a week to play there. So Cooper look out for me I will be comeing up to see you again soon, This time I hope PPL. aren't working around the place again ..LOL. even know the guy I was playing with seemed to play better when the lights went off.:grin: He couldn't miss a shot then. Well good luck in your new place I hope people start comeing in to give you more buisness. <<ED

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Info needed

Please tell me this will be a smoke free room. I just came from my normal spot and it is so smokey I can hardly stand it anymore. When I get home I have to get undressed in the garage and throw my clothing out into the driveway until the next morning before I can even stand to bring them into the laundry room.

ARROWCRUSHER

N/ CUE STROKER
Silver Member
Kevin, Yep my wife makes me do the same s--t after I come home from playing . When I was there I didn't see anyone smokeing, but maybe Coop. can chime in and answer, he runs the place. I got a feeling your gonna like this room. Get in touch sometime if you wanna run up , or if you need someone to play..<<<ED

Ballistic Billiards

Step up your Game!
Silver Member
Kevin, It is smoke free.

Ed, Thanks for the kind words. We worked very hard to put this room together
and it's nice to hear that it's appreciated.
We lost power for about an hour, everyone within 10 blocks lost power actually.
PP&L had no idea why the last I heard.
It looks like the first tournament will be the first Saturday of December and the
14and1.com league will kick off after the new year.
There will also be an in-house bca style 8 ball league with free food and beer/ soda.

Last edited:

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
I have to agree. I stopped in Monday afternoon to get a look around and drop off a shaft for repair. The room is very clean and smoke free. The tables looked great and plenty of room for everyone to move around without running into each other. I was also told about a possible handicapped 9 ball tourney every tuesday and/or thursday (hopefully this works out). If anyone wants to meet up and break a few racks during the week let me know.