Pool Movies

JakeDaSnake

Registered
What are some good pool movies out there? I know of The Hustler, the Color of Money, and Cool Hand Luke. Any others worth watching? I suppose I could just google it, but what the hell. Something for discussion anyways...

tshughes

Hughes Cues
Silver Member
What are some good pool movies out there? I know of The Hustler, the Color of Money, and Cool Hand Luke. Any others worth watching? I suppose I could just google it, but what the hell. Something for discussion anyways...

Pool Hall Junkies was alright. There is also shooting gallery but did not think it was really that great of a movie. But who knows you might like it.

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member

I swear i'm not being a douche, but use the search function. There are probably 1000 threads about this topic.

JakeDaSnake

Registered
sure, there probably is. guess i was just refreshing a topic, if so. maybe people would just like something to talk about :)

Mike in MN

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Poolhall Junkies is a goodie. Stay away from Shooting Gallery, unless you enjoy wasting your time.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

cool hand luke's a pool movie?

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
Check out Stickmen, bar room pool by way of New Zealand. Baltimore Bullet has a whole bunch of pros like Jim Rempe, Mizerak, and Mosconi.

softshot

Simplify
Silver Member
I'm a poolhall junkies... junky..

Christopher Walken is my hero..

whats the opposite of Christopher Walken??

Christopher Reeves..

:thumbup::thumbup:

CreeDo

Fargo Rating 597
Silver Member
The best are:

1. The Hustler
2. The Color of Money
3. Baltimore Bullet
4. Poolhall Junkies (I thought it was kinda bad but once you see how bad the rest are...)

Anything worse than number 4, I don't care what sort of pool is in it, you'd be more entertained watching a turtle humping a shoe.

victorcubed

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you guys disliked Shooting Gallery, make sure you avoide "Behind the Nine" that is 10 times worse than shooting gallery.
There is also The Baron and the Kid, and Turn the River (which was meh). If I can think of more, I'll post them here

Karate

Do you expect me to post?
Silver Member
PoolHall Master

I see no one has mentioned "PoolHall Master" yet.
http://poolhallmaster.com

Scroll to the bottom of the page to view Trailer 1 & 2.

Karate-

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you guys disliked Shooting Gallery, make sure you avoide "Behind the Nine" that is 10 times worse than shooting gallery.
There is also The Baron and the Kid, and Turn the River (which was meh). If I can think of more, I'll post them here

but at least that one has people that can actually play in it.

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Pool Hall Junkies was for the most part a weak movie but I still liked it. I actually thought it was pretty funny at times.