Top 10 bar table players in your state

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cigar tom vanover still plays at 70 good enough to be on list man won 9 straight md dc championships 70 s and 80s but still playe very good just ask around

Cigar Tom Vanover is one of Maryland's finest! :)

Here's a few worthy of mention -- Danny Green, Tom-Tom [when in town], Punky, Bobby Hawk, Baby Huey, Doug Sharpe, Ryan McCreesh, Black Henry, White Max, Fat Wayne, Piano Man, Tony Long -- just to name a few who seem to step up to the plate from time to time! :D

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Here's a few worthy of mention -- Danny Green, Tom-Tom [when in town], Punky, Bobby Hawk, Baby Huey, Doug Sharpe, Ryan McCreesh, Black Henry, White Max, Fat Wayne, Piano Man, Tony Long -- just to name a few who seem to step up to the plate from time to time! :D

hi jam that list is all short stops except tom whirth ryan vanover

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hi jam that list is all short stops except tom whirth ryan vanover

Bar table players, though. :wink:

Do you think Hawk, White Max, and Danny Green are shortstops?

Fat Wayne is a better bar table player than on the 9-footers -- well, at least he used to be. I haven't seen him in a while. I always enjoyed his company on the rail, side-betting against each other and sometimes with each other on a committee. Wherever Fat Wayne is, action is soon to follow, whether he's playing or betting. :grin-square:

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

jam tony long tried to play ur man keith about 5 years ago in balto over at sonnys place on the bar table tony says he would run 2 or 3 racks in a row than keith hit him with 15 that was the end of that then i watched keith give black henry the 5 and last 5 and keith won everthing including henrys shoes

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bar table players, though. :wink:

Do you think Hawk, White Max, and Danny Green are shortstops?

Fat Wayne is a better bar table player than on the 9-footers -- well, at least he used to be. I haven't seen him in a while. I always enjoyed his company on the rail, side-betting against each other and sometimes with each other on a committee. Wherever Fat Wayne is, action is soon to follow, whether he's playing or betting. :grin-square:

when ur talking about a man that played cigar tom speed yes i do he would give any of those guys the 7

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jam tony long tried to play ur man keith about 5 years ago in balto over at sonnys place on the bar table tony says he would run 2 or 3 racks in a row than keith hit him with 15 that was the end of that then i watched keith give black henry the 5 and last 5 and keith won everthing including henrys shoes

I missed the Tony Long show, but I saw the Black Henry show. Oh, man, that was funny! Well, it wasn't funny for Black Henry. :(

During this same time frame, I remember it was the first time I ever seen Pooky, never heard of him before in my life. I'd been out of pool for a while. Pooky walks in Sonny's pool room and asks Keith for the break and the last 4. I guess I don't need to tell you who walked out with the cheese. :eek:

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I missed the Tony Long show, but I saw the Black Henry show. Oh, man, that was funny! Well, it wasn't funny for Black Henry. :(

During this same time frame, I remember it was the first time I ever seen Pooky, never heard of him before in my life. I'd been out of pool for a while. Pooky walks in Sonny's pool room and asks Keith for the break and the last 4. I guess I don't need to tell you who walked out with the cheese. :eek:

hey when u have a gear like keith has anything possiable i dont know who won that match but i think pookey would be a huge favorite against any body in the world at that game but for some reason i think u r going to tell me that keith won thanks for responding richie

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
I'd love to see the NY list just for laughs.

I'd be interested in seeing your list as well. If I put one together, it would contain only players from Upstate. Never get to see the Greater NYC group except for Jason Kane on bar boxes.

Lyn

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey when u have a gear like keith has anything possiable i dont know who won that match but i think pookey would be a huge favorite against any body in the world at that game but for some reason i think u r going to tell me that keith won thanks for responding richie

No, it was definitely Pookster who won. Watching Keith get barbecued by Pooky, I soon realized after the first five games what was happening, especially watching Pooky run out, run out, run out, run out, and run out. :grin-square:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Of the area of Upstate New York I'm familiar with, here's a few of my favorites:

Dan Heidrich
Dave Grau
Ed Rosas Jr.
Lyn Wechsler
Jerry Crowe

Short list but, virtually no one from Buffalo or Syracuse travels to Rochester. Seems the Rochester players will go where the events are. Once past Syracuse, the only name I see connected with bar pool is Tom Acciavetti. There probably are more but I'm not be familiar with them.

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No, it was definitely Pookster who won. Watching Keith get barbecued by Pooky, I soon realized after the first five games what was happening, especially watching Pooky run out, run out, run out, run out, and run out. :grin-square:

we all make bad games sometimes iam sure it didnt take keith long to realize he made a mistake

stuckart

Paint Dry Watching Champ
Silver Member
Do you know why there hasn't been anyone chiming in for the State of Arizona yet?

I'll tell ya. Most if not all of the top players in Arizona play on the 9'. Many people discuss the top 10 players in the state, but there is always an * next to people because they do or do not play on the small track.

Regardless, two guys are on any top 10 list in the state, Scott Frost and Mitch Ellerman

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do you know why there hasn't been anyone chiming in for the State of Arizona yet?

I'll tell ya. Most if not all of the top players in Arizona play on the 9'. Many people discuss the top 10 players in the state, but there is always an * next to people because they do or do not play on the small track.

Regardless, two guys are on any top 10 list in the state, Scott Frost and Mitch Ellerman

What about JimmyM? I hear he plays pretty sporty! :)

junior718

Skyline Billiard Club
Silver Member
I'd be interested in seeing your list as well. If I put one together, it would contain only players from Upstate. Never get to see the Greater NYC group except for Jason Kane on bar boxes.

Lyn

I dont think it is possible. NYC players really dont know the Upstate player and vice versa. Plus in NYC its tough cause nobody plays on a bar table except for Valley Forge and BCA's in Vegas. I dont know how much Upstate plays on them either.

MikeM

Pool Lover
Silver Member
I am going to list the DC surrounding since the same group of players play in that 150 sq mile area

ryan Mcreesh ( had to list my fellow Irishman first no order after)
matt clatterbuck
brandon shuff
matt krah
josh brothers
manny chu
shaun wilkie
scott tollefson

and these 2 if they decide to come out of retirement would easily make top ten

Keith Mcready
Danny Green

Dam looking at that list I will roll with that wrecking crew anywhere and like my chances:)

onestroke

I've had the pleasure of beng drubbed by half the players on your list (+Danny Green) and would agree with it completely.

Scott was talking about moving to FLA. Is he still in DC?