Jeff Carter?

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever happened to Jeff Carter? Does he still play at all? He made it to the finals of the 8 ball world championships in the mid 90's losing to Reyes in the final. I remember him being a very good player with a straight stroke, really solid fundamentals and a great all around game but I haven't heard of him in any pro events in many years.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Whatever happened to Jeff Carter? Does he still play at all? He made it to the finals of the 8 ball world championships in the mid 90's losing to Reyes in the final. I remember him being a very good player with a straight stroke, really soied fundamentals and a great all around game but I haven't heard of him in any pro events in many years.

Jeff has played in several events lately. I had the chance to speak with him for about an hour at The Ultimate 10 Ball event in Frisco back in April. He had just come out of a hill-hill match with Corey Deuel. So he can still bring it.

In addition to the finals of the world 8 ball championships, Jeff also finished second (to Earl) in the 1990 World 9 Ball Championships that were held in Germany. IMO, Jeff's mechanics are flawless, and after all these years he remains high on my list of favorite players.

Mr441

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff has played in several events lately. I had the chance to speak with him for about an hour at The Ultimate 10 Ball event in Frisco back in April. He had just come out of a hill-hill match with Corey Deuel. So he can still bring it.

In addition to the finals of the world 8 ball championships, Jeff also finished second (to Earl) in the 1990 World 9 Ball Championships that were held in Germany. IMO, Jeff's mechanics are flawless, and after all these years he remains high on my list of favorite players.

Thanks. It's good to see he can and is still playing.

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I played him at the derby in banks the year I started playing pool. My friend said that guy was a world class player. I didn't know who anyone was (I had only been playing a few months).

Long story short, he beat me 3-1. The only reason I got one game was I ran 3 in that game, lol.

After knowing who he was and in looking back, he really plays good. I was lucky to put in as good of a showing as I did.

BigAlbert333

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff Carter played at the Hard Times 10 Ball tournament just a few months ago. He plays strong and I too remember him when he played Efren in some 8 ball tournament.

Old school gangster! :cool:

Rich93

A Small Time Charlie
Silver Member
Jeff frequently plays in the local Red Shoes tournaments (Alsip, IL). He was my first opponent in the last 9-ball tournament (he won, obviously).

enzo

Banned
Whatever happened to Jeff Carter? Does he still play at all? He made it to the finals of the 8 ball world championships in the mid 90's losing to Reyes in the final. I remember him being a very good player with a straight stroke, really solid fundamentals and a great all around game but I haven't heard of him in any pro events in many years.

look at mark tadd, thang hoa... the list goes on im sure. people has responsibilities, and unfortunately pool cant take care of them most of the time. i think that is probably what happened to him... although i see he has been playing.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeff also played in the U.S. Open 10 Ball event in Vegas in May. He is still around, and still a great player! I promote his advice in all my lessons!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
Jeff also played in the U.S. Open 10 Ball event in Vegas in May. He is still around, and still a great player! I promote his advice in all my lessons!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott, I've said this a million times and I will continue to say it for as long as I live ... Jeff Carter is the most fundamentally sound player I have ever seen. In his prime, Jeff was the complete package of superior knowledge, skill, and competitive composure. If I were to build the perfect pool player, I would model it after Jeff Carter.

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
I saw Jeff Carter in germany,

it was a pleasure to watch him play. And a really nice guy, too. Remember just one answer to a younger german guy who asked him some things-forgive me that i don t know the exactly question anymore-but the response was:
"..at least you cannot make a ball by just thinking...you also have to shoot it"

He has a wonderful stroke imo.

lg
Ingo

Donny Lutz

Ferrule Cat
Silver Member
Jeff knocked me out of a tournament in 1981. Then I got drunk, and he left with my date as well as the cash!