Best jumper, banker

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was having a conversation with a friend recently and began wondering. Only considering the top tier 9 and 10 ball players who is the best jumper (short cue) and best banker? I came up with:

Jumper: Yang Ching Shun. This guy is a true savant with the jump cue. Demonstrates so much control it is like he is just shooting a regular jacked up shot. And he makes everything.

Banker: Ronnie Alcano. There are many fine bankers among the elite players but I`ll take this guy. I think he could hang with the bank players.

I'd take Pagulayan or Efren banking the balls. I've never seen Alcano play a game of banks, and I know Alex and Efren have had success at Derby City.

satman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alcano can bank too

I'd take Pagulayan or Efren banking the balls. I've never seen Alcano play a game of banks, and I know Alex and Efren have had success at Derby City.

Alex has definite skills, and out of the top 9 ball players, I would pick him.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I'll take John brumback in banks. Jumping, I've never seen controlled jumping as well as Josh brothers.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like how earl banks. i dont know if he's top 10 or not but that is my answer.

I completely agree that Earl is a great banker. I don`t think he has ever gotten enough credit for that part of his game. But Earl is good at everything to do with pool, probably the most gifted player of my lifetime.

I completely agree that Earl is a great banker. I don`t think he has ever gotten enough credit for that part of his game. But Earl is good at everything to do with pool, probably the most gifted player of my lifetime.

I guess we should confirm what we are actually talking about. Are we considering bank shots that come up in 9-ball, or are we talking about playing bank pool?

The two are not related as much as you would think.

I think Earl could be a great bank pool player if he put time into it. But I don't think he plays much. He would get wiped away by guys that have played a little bit before. Short rack and full rack. But of course it sure wouldn't take him long to catch on.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I guess we should confirm what we are actually talking about. Are we considering bank shots that come up in 9-ball, or are we talking about playing bank pool?

The two are not related as much as you would think.

I think Earl could be a great bank pool player if he put time into it. But I don't think he plays much. He would get wiped away by guys that have played a little bit before. Short rack and full rack. But of course it sure wouldn't take him long to catch on.

That is a good point. What I meant in my original post is which 9 ball players could hang the best against the bankers. I know the top bank players will get the best of it most of the time. But as you point out, players like Alcano and Strickland will catch on fast. Talent will eventually trump experience once the talent gets the experience.

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mika can bank with the best of them, But i think Alex is one of the best if not the best. And when it comes to jumping I think its Shaun Putnam.