JB case REVIEW

jacobyguy

Matt
Silver Member
This is my review of my purchase and use of a John Burton case. please comment on your experiance with JB cases but post pictures of your cases in the case gallery. thankyou.

On about Feb. 8th i ordered a personalized J flowers tribute case from JB Case website http://www.jbcases.com/ The website is fun to navagate and the ordering form is easy to complete. The communication with Karen, Johns wife, was 1st rate with fast knoledgable responses. Overall the experiance was excellent and i really felt like i was a valued customer. The day after i paid i was sent a scetch to give an idea of what my case would look like and to see if i wanted to make any changes. Also at this time i was given an approximate build start date of March 14. I gave the go ahead and here we are March 10 and yesterday i recieved a progress picture and the case looks to be COMPLETE AHEAD OF SCHEDUAL!!

Here are the scetch and the progress photo sent from JB Cases... I cant wait to get my custom case and give further review on the functionality and just as important the reactions of case enthusiasts such as myself.

thankyou JB Cases

CZAPPA-1.jpg
[/IMG]

CZAPPA0.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

acousticsguru

player/instructor
Silver Member
One month only? Wow! :cool:

Congrats on your case, looks quite blue! :thumbup:

Greetings from Switzerland, David.

„J'ai gâché vingt ans de mes plus belles années au billard. Si c'était à refaire, je recommencerais.“ – Roger Conti

jacobyguy

Matt
Silver Member
41 days after payment my JB case has arived!!!!!!

First impression; AMAZING..........well packaged inside a nice cloth bag and lots of bubble wrap. gettin ready to load it up.

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
its good to hear a good report

steve in florida makes a jam up case himself

he also feels no need to criticize john,
i like that

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am going to sit tight this month. I used to have a TJ case made in Florida (bonus points for newer name of TJ cases).

I am very impressed with what JB offers and the one Rusty posted a pic of was sweet.

Hard to choose, its like quality VS quality and from what I see you can't lose which way you go.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I am going to sit tight this month. I used to have a TJ case made in Florida (bonus points for newer name of TJ cases).

I am very impressed with what JB offers and the one Rusty posted a pic of was sweet.

Hard to choose, its like quality VS quality and from what I see you can't lose which way you go.

:) Tom, I think you mean J&T Cases which stands for Jack and Toots.

unlukydonkey

Registered
wow that is a really fast turn around time. i put in an order for a JB case in october and still haven't even recieved a drawing let alone a build date yet.
hope you enjoy

Last edited:

jacobyguy

Matt
Silver Member
yours must be very intricate. Im sure mine was so fast because it is a j-flowers tribute and it doesnt have any hand tooling. Just costum dye and a laser engraved name. shoot karen an email, im sure she would be glad to give you an update.

As for my case... i took it to my first tournement yesterday, the tournement was played in a downtown area with about 8 bars in a 2 block radius. players walked from bar to bar to play there next match, and i must say that the flowers tribute 3x6 isnt light. (i was carying 2 butts and 5 shafts) i wouldnt campare it to the ruck sak i luged around in the military but if i wern't a young buck i might be irritated by its weight. The sholder strap pad provides just enough padding to make it comfortable to carry.
Love the ultrapad interior and the protection the entire case provides.

Love the finish and the look.

Love the storage space, i can carry all my tools and my 2 playing cues and still have space for an opportune buy if needed.

L shaped zippers are not the smoothist but may free up over time as the leather on the pockets gets more flexable.

Last edited:

ronscuba

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
wow that is a really fast turn around time. i put in an order for a JB case in october and still haven't even recieved a drawing let alone a build date yet.
hope you enjoy

Any update on this ? Just curious on average estimated turn around time for a custom case. October to now, seems like a very long time to be waiting for a sketch and build date. Was a deposit made or required ?

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Any update on this ? Just curious on average estimated turn around time for a custom case. October to now, seems like a very long time to be waiting for a sketch and build date. Was a deposit made or required ?

John is pretty upfront about the fact that his communication skills offline are lacking...which is why he urges those wishing to place an order, check on progress, etc. to contact his wife Karen at karen@jbideas.com with any questions or concerns. Karen is very good about getting things back on track when they get a bit derailed.

They get lots of inquiries, and sometimes things get lost in the shuffle. I guarantee you will get the ball rolling again with an email to Karen.

Lisa

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

No deposit was made. I just brain farted on this one leading up to the SBE. The case is pretty easy and we were having a discussion on the type of leather.

Still working out the bugs on the system for handling orders. Someday it will work like a swiss clock. Now it's pretty broken.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
No deposit was made. I just brain farted on this one leading up to the SBE. The case is pretty easy and we were having a discussion on the type of leather.

Still working out the bugs on the system for handling orders. Someday it will work like a swiss clock. Now it's pretty broken.

John, PM sent.

murphys_law

Registered

Looks like the ordering process is still broke. I ordered a case back on May 5th and still haven't heard anything. Guess I will just have to go a different route.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Looks like the ordering process is still broke. I ordered a case back on May 5th and still haven't heard anything. Guess I will just have to go a different route.

Are you Tim Murphy? Last time we talked about a month ago we had agreed on the concept based on my sketches sent to you and you agreed to let me have a free hand from there.

That said check your email. Whatever route you go I doubt that you get a case as sweet as what I have planned for you. And the only other guy I can think of right now who would even really try anything close to what I have in mind will charge 3-4x what I quoted you.

For the "big theme" cases we are woefully slow and always behind. Sorry but I try things that are way outside the box and because of that I need artists to help me render what's in my head. I have had no artists on staff all year so a lot of the theme cases have been on hold.

Now I have an amazing artist/graphic designer on staff, Dino Copreros, and he has been at my house training for the past couple weeks. Several AZers can tell you that we are moving forward with their concept designs right now. Y'all are going to see some amazing stuff coming out of our shop in the next several months.

All I can say is that patience is rewarded, any delay on my part means that I put that much more effort into the case to make up for it.

murphys_law

Registered
Are you Tim Murphy? Last time we talked about a month ago we had agreed on the concept based on my sketches sent to you and you agreed to let me have a free hand from there.

That said check your email. Whatever route you go I doubt that you get a case as sweet as what I have planned for you. And the only other guy I can think of right now who would even really try anything close to what I have in mind will charge 3-4x what I quoted you.

For the "big theme" cases we are woefully slow and always behind. Sorry but I try things that are way outside the box and because of that I need artists to help me render what's in my head. I have had no artists on staff all year so a lot of the theme cases have been on hold.

Now I have an amazing artist/graphic designer on staff, Dino Copreros, and he has been at my house training for the past couple weeks. Several AZers can tell you that we are moving forward with their concept designs right now. Y'all are going to see some amazing stuff coming out of our shop in the next several months.

All I can say is that patience is rewarded, any delay on my part means that I put that much more effort into the case to make up for it.

Sorry not Tim Murphy. The case I wanted was a modified black knight case. The order process was initiated with Roy at indyq.com. I wanted quite a few things changed on the case so he directed me towards your order forum. That was filed out and I received an auto responder email from you, that was the last I have heard.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sorry not Tim Murphy. The case I wanted was a modified black knight case. The order process was initiated with Roy at indyq.com. I wanted quite a few things changed on the case so he directed me towards your order forum. That was filed out and I received an auto responder email from you, that was the last I have heard.

Ok because I thought me and Tim were all good. I tried to find any other order with a Murphy that hadn't been delivered and I didn't see it. If you're still interested please send me your email address to jb@jbideas.com or forward the form you received and I will get right on it.

My apologies for allowing it to slip through. :-(