World Cup of Pool

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone else find it alarming that the USA is only sending one team? I guess its just another sign that pool is dying here and thriving in other countries. Pretty sad if you ask me.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
ALL countries have only one 2 man team, except the host nation of the Philippines. They have two teams, the A (Dennis and Lee Van) and B (Efren and Bustie) teams.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
ALL countries have only one 2 man team, except the host nation of the Philippines. They have two teams, the A (Dennis and Lee Van) and B (Efren and Bustie) teams.

In event a Filipino team wins, then how can we seriously state "The Phillipines are the World Cup of Pool Champions"?

:shrug:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In event a Filipino team wins, then how can we seriously state "The Phillipines are the World Cup of Pool Champions"?

:shrug:
It's not hard. We stand up, get a very stern look on our collective faces, and say "Corteza and Orcullo representing the Philippines have won the 2012 World Cup of Pool."

I think it's entirely reasonable for the host to get two teams. If the US wants to have two teams, the solution is simple: host the event in the US.

Those interested in the history and format of the event may want to check out the Wikipedia entry for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Cup_of_Pool

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think Appleton and Melling take this for the UK :wink:

I would like to make a friendly wager that the Philippines team of Orcollo and Corteza goes further in this event than the Team from England. Are you on the good action list? If so I will bet up to 250 with you. If not you will have to post. See you in the Action room. :wink: