Atlanta, GA - Where to play?

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To All,

I will be in Atlanta, GA from Nov 13-18 for a medical conference. I have never been to Atlanta before and will be looking for a place to play in the evenings. Does anyone have suggestions? As an "average" player, I do not gamble but am always looking for a good, challenging game and prefer 9' tables.

If anyone could point me to some pool halls to visit or would anyone like to meet up and play, please let me know or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Jamie "DocHutch"

oldplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what part of atlanta? northwest side, northside, south atlanta, where exactly? lots of places but depends on where you are staying......let me know and i will pass on a couple of places......i can help you out more on the northern side of atlanta though

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
If you go to marietta billiards, I'll likely be there...

To All,

I will be in Atlanta, GA from Nov 13-18 for a medical conference. I have never been to Atlanta before and will be looking for a place to play in the evenings. Does anyone have suggestions? As an "average" player, I do not gamble but am always looking for a good, challenging game and prefer 9' tables.

If anyone could point me to some pool halls to visit or would anyone like to meet up and play, please let me know or send me a PM.

Thanks,
Jamie "DocHutch"

Hey Jamie, if you go to Marietta Billiards, I'll likely be there and would be more than happy to play some with you. In fact, I'm getting ready to head there now.

Jaden...

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

what part of atlanta? northwest side, northside, south atlanta, where exactly? lots of places but depends on where you are staying......let me know and i will pass on a couple of places......i can help you out more on the northern side of atlanta though

I am not sure what part but looks like the northern side of town. I will be on Peachtree Rd in a hotel in "Buckhead" if that means anything.

Thanks again for your help.

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Hey Jamie, if you go to Marietta Billiards, I'll likely be there and would be more than happy to play some with you. In fact, I'm getting ready to head there now.

Jaden...

How far of a drive is it to Marietta? I am driving in from south of New Orleans so will have my vehicle there.

Thanks,
Jamie

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
How far of a drive is it to Marietta? I am driving in from south of New Orleans so will have my vehicle there.

Thanks,
Jamie

From Buckhead to Marietta is @ a 20-25 min drive I believe. Very doable. Not to mention you'll have a good chance of running into Johnny A, Shawn P and Kim Davenport.

Full bar, menu and smoking with a ton of various sized and make tables.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MBC is a good club. Nine footers, Olhausens recently recovered, brunswicks in need. Thursday nite is full with league play - you will not get a table. Should be no problems on the other nights.

Cues in Marietta is just a little further. Cues 2 is probably the closest to you - right at 85 and 285 on the north side off chamblee tucker. Google maps is your friend!

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello double hemLock,
How are you doing? I sent you a PM a while back and received no response?
The link on this post of yours does not work on my computer! I tried to go to it and it does not go anywhere?
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

Intersting. This is the web address of Marietta Billiard Club, but you receive an error that says ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED. ??? Was working last week.

They have a Facebook page under Marietta Sports Bar and Grill but no website that I know of under that name. FB page - https://www.facebook.com/MariettaSportsBarandGrille

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Hello double hemLock,
How are you doing? I sent you a PM a while back and received no response?
The link on this post of yours does not work on my computer! I tried to go to it and it does not go anywhere?
Many Regards,
Lock N Load.

The link works perfectly on my Think Pad, Lock.
...maybe it's time for you to stop posting from a telegraph office.:)

..still thinking about that PM, Lock.....life is mysterious....
..but I am thinking about it

regards
double hemlock

ps......lotta things don't work on my ipad

DocHutch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks for all the good comments and suggestions. I should be rolling into town tomorrow night. I guess the only thing left for me to do is decide how many of my Saints jerseys I should pack!!!!!!

Jamie "DocHutch"

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Atlanta traffic where you are staying and where the rooms are is killer. Either get to the poolrooms by 3, or stay at work/hotel till 7, and head out then.