An early 90's Tim Scruggs . simple & still new

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi !

Here is a simple Tim Scruggs cue, bought in 1992 or 1993 in Las Vegas, from Tim. Of special interest are the -original- markings on both tips.
Yes, they show a trace of a 20 years old test hit ;) .

The original owner kept it stored during 20 years, until he decided that my home was the best place for it ... that's friendship , mates !

I must confess that i am very proud to be its new protector...the hardest is now to resist to the temptation of playing it :) .

Last edited:

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
Is there a reason you're not going to play with this cue? Seems like an awful waste to me!

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there a reason you're not going to play with this cue? Seems like an awful waste to me!
oh, simply because I really love my current player , a Barenbrugge merry widow. But may be i'll test-play the TS butt, since a friend is currently crafting me a new custom shaft for this TS ;) .

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
It should be come your daily player. No use in not using it, that was what it was made for.

Thanks for posting the nice pictures now go enjoy using this cue.

Kevin

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Wow

The shafts were numbered on the tips to make sure they stayed matched to the right butts especially on the trade shaow Cues.
Many owners of Tim's Cues don't play with them. They plan to but when they feel it in their hands and look at the Cue in their hands something happens. It really rarely happens with other Cues too. I can't understand why.
It is like you can feel the greatness and it is something you either feel or you don't. Many of Tim's and Mike's Cues are test hit or unchalked. They were purchased with intentions of playing with but they got put up.
I heard it many times too. The buyers appreciate them too much to ever use them! Just too nice.
And speaking from experience it is very understandable.
Great Cue!
Nick :)

zeeder

Will queue for cues
Silver Member
The shafts were numbered on the tips to make sure they stayed matched to the right butts especially on the trade shaow Cues.
Many owners of Tim's Cues don't play with them. They plan to but when they feel it in their hands and look at the Cue in their hands something happens. It really rarely happens with other Cues too. I can't understand why.
It is like you can feel the greatness and it is something you either feel or you don't. Many of Tim's and Mike's Cues are test hit or unchalked. They were purchased with intentions of playing with but they got put up.
I heard it many times too. The buyers appreciate them too much to ever use them! Just too nice.
And speaking from experience it is very understandable.
Great Cue!

This makes absolutely no sense to me. If I picked up a cue and felt greatness I would want to play the cue immediately. It seems to me that people who don't play the cues are more worried about future value than how great a cue is. I think it's a disservice to the cue and the Cuemaker to not play with a great cue!

Reactions: mia

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Hi !

Here is a simple Tim Scruggs cue, bought in 1992 or 1993 in Las Vegas, from Tim. Of special interest are the -original- markings on both tips.
Yes, they show a trace of a 20 years old test hit ;) .

The original owner kept it stored during 20 years, until he decided that my home was the best place for it ... that's friendship , mates !

I must confess that i am very proud to be its new protector...the hardest is now to resist to the temptation of playing it :) .

Another badass Scruggs!!

Thecoats

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This makes absolutely no sense to me. If I picked up a cue and felt greatness I would want to play the cue immediately. It seems to me that people who don't play the cues are more worried about future value than how great a cue is. I think it's a disservice to the cue and the Cuemaker to not play with a great cue!

Agreed, I have had about 15 Scruggs cues over the years and played with them all and thought they were good players but not much different than other 5/16-14 steel jointed cues I have owned (i.e. 90's Black Boars, McDaniel, Tasc).

Nice cue, thanks for sharing.

-don

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Many Scruggs Cues go unplayed.

For decades too. I have sold unplayed Scruggs Cues and Unchalked. And can definately say there are alot more Scruggs Cues that don't get sold that are much like this one.
They may get test hit and tucked away they go. Unhit Scruggs . Appreciatted just because it is that pretty. Yup got one myself!
Cool TS!

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
may be i'll try to find a better home for it , open to offers (PM) , who knows... € vs $ is good atm , so winner/winner it could be ...

TommyT

Obsessed
Silver Member

+1......I totally agree.