New bank champion?

01rkclassic

Cell - 937-554-5637
Silver Member
Is there a new bank champion on the horizon?Looks like Shannon Murphy is the only one left undefeated in the bank tourney!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there a new bank champion on the horizon?Looks like Shannon Murphy is the only one left undefeated in the bank tourney!

10 guys left, and I don't think any one of them has ever won the bank-pool event at DCC. Justin Hall is still in the running, however, and he won it at Tunica 6 months ago (and won the banks ring game last night).

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Round 10 tomorrow at noon:

Carlo Biado vs Francisco Bustamante
Lou DeMarco vs Shannon Murphy
Joey Gray vs Skyler Woodward
Thorsten Hohmann vs Justin Hall
Dennis Orcullo vs Warren Kiamco

Of the ten remaining players, only Shannon Murphy still has a buyback.

Justin Hall won the last major banks event, meaning the one at the Southern Classic in Tunica. He also won the bank pool ring game here in Derby City on Saturday night.

Memorable from Sunday evening's play: Thorsten Hohmann drew Shannon Daulton in round 8 and beat him. Shannon bought back in then drew Hohmann again in Round 9. Throsten beat Shannon a second time to eliminate him.

Last edited:

Montana Mike

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We had a little round robin pool for banks at the poolroom. I was able to get a few guys. I was really hoping this was the year Richie Richeson was going to get through and win it especially after navigating through a couple strong players in the 3rd and 4th round. I had Richie, Danny Smith, Chris Gentile, and Shannon Murphy. At least I am still alive with Shannon. It is amazing how brutal it is to get through this tournament and I give all the guys who usually go really deep a ton of credit. I can't wait to see who survives this year's bank tourney.

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Didn't know Carlo Biado was there.

He's like #2 in the Philippines... just behind Orcullo.

Him sure is strong.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
Shannon is steamrolling along...

Might as well post this update in this thread as well...

Just got an update - Shannon beat L. DeMarco 3 to 0 in 13 minutes! This guy is on a mission!