Zero-X Billiards - Pattern Puzzle #6

MyImmortal

Registered
Zero-X Billiards - Pattern Puzzle #6 - Instructions in Post

Zero-X Billiards - Pattern Puzzle #6 - Instructions: Ball in hand. Run the table in any order. Every shot must be a stop shot.

I am sharing this directly from Tor Lowry - Zero-X Billiards. This is one example of what he shares with his Facebook and Google+ audience. Suggest your play out strategy and enjoy learning from others who "play along."

Attachments

• AZBPuzzle.jpg
    AZBPuzzle.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 3,159
Last edited:

HalfDeadEd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'd prolly get outta line and need to draw a few inches.

Si0HF8V.png

* the 9 may be the 1 and the 14 could be the 15-11. i'm old and can't see that far.

12squared

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's my guess for all stop shots:

Beginning with the 12 in the lower right corner; 9 in the side; 11 in the side; 7 in the side; 6 in the corner; 2 in the side; 1 in the corner.

Dave

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's my guess for all stop shots:

Beginning with the 12 in the lower right corner; 9 in the side; 11 in the side; 7 in the side; 6 in the corner; 2 in the side; 1 in the corner.

Dave

Same sequence I thought up... I think there's more variation in people's guesses as to which ball is which!

For the record, I thought the numbers for the same sequence you suggested were:

12-13-11-7-6-2-1

bdorman

Dead money
Silver Member
Not sure if I've got the ball numbers correct (monitor color is off a bit):

12 Lower right corner
14 Lower side
13 Upper side
7 Lower side
6 Upper left corner
4 Lower side
1 Lower left corner

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Zero-X Billiards - Pattern Puzzle #6 - Instructions: Ball in hand. Run the table in any order. Every shot must be a stop shot.

I am sharing this directly from Tor Lowry - Zero-X Billiards. This is one example of what he shares with his Facebook and Google+ audience. Suggest your play out strategy and enjoy learning from others who "play along."

I think this is a great puzzle, and it should get the back-and-forth colloquy going. Players of all caliber are members here, and as such, this is a great vehicle for people to learn shooting strategies. After all, pool is so much like chess, thinking a few moves ahead.

I have heard some pros say they can think 6 or 7 balls ahead. Me, I'm lucky if I can think of 2 balls ahead. :eek:

MyImmortal

Registered
OK...bank each ball with a stop shot. Or was this Tor's next diagram? :smile:

Best,
Mike

Mike,

Granted this may be a relatively easy solution for many players; why Tor posts a variety of patterns from beginner to advanced levels. That allows the more advanced players to assist others with understanding different ways to view their presented solutions.

This was one of the first diagrams ever presented by Tor. Since this one, I have not been able to get even one of his diagrams correct, but I sure learned from all the other players commenting why my own solutions may not have worked. Then, when Tor posted his video commentary solutions, I learned even more for watching him actually play out some of the suggested strategies, along with his own.

Honestly, I struggled to even size this diagram correctly when uploading, so I hope Tor will be posting his own puzzles, especially the more advanced 8-Ball patterns. My eyes just glaze over, but I love to read and study the solutions offered by other players. One day, I might just get one right on my own. :wink:

MyImmortal

Registered
I think this is a great puzzle, and it should get the back-and-forth colloquy going. Players of all caliber are members here, and as such, this is a great vehicle for people to learn shooting strategies. After all, pool is so much like chess, thinking a few moves ahead.

I have heard some pros say they can think 6 or 7 balls ahead. Me, I'm lucky if I can think of 2 balls ahead. :eek:

You're far ahead of me. I just "think" my strategy is thinking at least 2 balls ahead. Yep, it usually only happens in my head, but I'll never give up on learning to actually execute what goes on in there. :wink:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike,

Granted this may be a relatively easy solution for many players; why Tor posts a variety of patterns from beginner to advanced levels. That allows the more advanced players to assist others with understanding different ways to view their presented solutions.

This was one of the first diagrams ever presented by Tor. Since this one, I have not been able to get even one of his diagrams correct, but I sure learned from all the other players commenting why my own solutions may not have worked. Then, when Tor posted his video commentary solutions, I learned even more for watching him actually play out some of the suggested strategies, along with his own.

Honestly, I struggled to even size this diagram correctly when uploading, so I hope Tor will be posting his own puzzles, especially the more advanced 8-Ball patterns. My eyes just glaze over, but I love to read and study the solutions offered by other players. One day, I might just get one right on my own. :wink:

It's all good. Tor has put out some good info and I respect his abilities. I was tongue in cheek with Creedo who was probably hoping to get another tougher puzzle going. Thanks for the thread.

Best,
Mike

GeoEnvi

Diamond System Enthusiast
Silver Member
For those interested, there is an iOS app called StunShots that makes a game out of the same puzzle.

It worked until iOS 5, but I don't think it works on my iPhone 4S since iOS 6 was released.

MyImmortal

Registered
This was the play-out strategy said to have been best and provided by Mark Ritter on Facebook. Looks like some here probably suggested this play-out but could not see the balls well enough. So sorry about that. I am still learning. Thank you to "play along."

10 bottom right corner, 9 side, 13 side, 7 side, 6 top left corner, 2 side, 1 bottom left corner.

By far, one lesson for me which I was able to consistently apply. As I have told some, a great deal of time has passed since I have even been able to practice, so I am hoping this will be like riding a bicycle, when I am back at the table again. :smile:

Frozen on the Rail - When the Cue ball and Object ball are both on the rail there are different methods for pocketing the object ball.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prj-WxY_rw0