Allen Hopkins of Allen jr.

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What kind of balls will be used at your 10ball tournament next month. What kind of cue ball? Measle or red circle?

Thanks.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
All the pro tournaments use the measel ball. I know because they let all the pro's warm up with the standard red circle on the first day then came through minutes before the match and replaced them with the measel ball lol Earl Strickland went off like a christmas tree lol not that I blame him

Rich R.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am fairly sure that the type of balls used will depend more on sponsorship than anything else, the same as any other major tournament.

allen_jr

CanYouRunOut.com
Silver Member
Hi Donny,

The balls in the Pro Event will be Aramith, dad is pretty sure just regular red dot, no measle ball - but he is going to double check.

In the future, the best way to contact him (or me) for a question is to just call (609)652-6116 or email info@superbilliardsexpo.com

I try to get to these forums to check for questions, but as the show draws near I have less time to get here and search for questions... I try, but like I said - for a quicker answer to specific questions such as this, try one of the contact methods above.

Hope this helps.

fathomblue

Rusty Shackleford
Silver Member
Would this affect if you go or not?

If Donny is a great player, he might have a whole slew of CB's at home to practice with, based upon what tournament/equipment he's preparing for. ;)

I just recently had a bad experience at a tournament with some mudballs that were substituted for the "regular" ones and my game suffered till I figured out what was going on. :frown:

I'm thinking about buying several different CB's, so I can prepare for conditions.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think they plan on using the glow in the dark balls :shrug:

:scratchhead:

Red circle cueball or a red dot?

There is a difference.

Been a while since I saw a tournament with a red dot cueball.

Of course I'm just a bar banging amateur player.:yes:

LOL...been a while since I saw the glow in the dark balls too. Oh...it was the acid?

That's right...micro dot.

Last edited:

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Donny,

The balls in the Pro Event will be Aramith, dad is pretty sure just regular red dot, no measle ball - but he is going to double check.

In the future, the best way to contact him (or me) for a question is to just call (609)652-6116 or email info@superbilliardsexpo.com

I try to get to these forums to check for questions, but as the show draws near I have less time to get here and search for questions... I try, but like I said - for a quicker answer to specific questions such as this, try one of the contact methods above.

Hope this helps.

I tried calling that number but I couldn't leave a message because the mailbox is full. Do you when you'll know for sure which cue ball will be used? It would be nice to see the measle ball used. Almost every tournament uses them now days. And the measle ball reacts a lot truer with aramith balls than the red circle does.

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They should throw all the red circles in the trash! It draws too much, follows too less, and comes off the tangent line phony with stun shots.

You are absolutely correct! It's almost comical watching how phony they are.