My new Mike Durbin

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Mike Durbin custom cue on a magnificent John Davis fullsplice titlist tribute, kangaroo wrap, hoppe ring, no ivory, aegis f/f joint with 3/8x11 G-10 pin, 2 premium shafts with 3/4"x13mm Ivor-X ferrules, 18 oz. and Mike's mojo. Mike did a great job on this cue and was a pleasure to work with, my sincere gratitude to him. I've been playing this cue for about a month now, and it plays just lights out, a great playing cue with really sweet shaft tapers.
:D

Attachments

• DSC_6655.jpg
    DSC_6655.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,508
  • DSC_6658.jpg
    DSC_6658.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,312
  • DSC_6657.jpg
    DSC_6657.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,293
Last edited:

Kaptivative

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Durbin custom cue on a magnificent John Davis fullsplice titlist tribute, kangaroo wrap, hoppe ring, no ivory, aegis f/f joint with 3/8x10 G-10 pin, 2 premium shafts with 3/4"x13mm Ivor-X ferrules, 18 oz. and Mike's mojo. Mike did a great job on this cue and was a pleasure to work with, my sincere gratitude to him. I've been playing this cue for about a month now, and it plays just lights out, a great playing cue with really sweet shaft tapers.

That's a beautiful cue.

I have a friend who wants a Durbin. How much could something like that cost him?
How long did it take to make and be delivered into your hands?

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Well, every cue's different. I suggest your friend call Mike and talk to him about what he wants. I can say that Mike is fair and timely, and his word is golden. Thanks for the compliments! Here's his website with contact info: http://www.durbincues.com/

TomHay

Best Tips For Less
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing, you have one sweet cue there. I have only felt a Kangaroo wrap one time but I put it above any other leather.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing, you have one sweet cue there. I have only felt a Kangaroo wrap one time but I put it above any other leather.

For me, a roo wrap is the nuts...very slightly naturally tacky and very soft. This is the third cue I've had with this, first that had a slight texture, love it! Here's a plug for Martin Bick and www.superiorcues.com. Both the Davis blank and kangaroo wrap came from him Martin.... or I'm pretty sure the wrap came from him, but maybe Mike got it somewhere else, can't remember right now. Thanks Tom and pocono!

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Totally agree, I love fullsplice and John's a master. Together with Mike's skills, mojo and tapers, it really works. Thanks!